Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #101
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Proudly present I've just finished Mission 3!

For some strange reason enemy came out from all kind of places to the front gate, both a good and bad thing.

My main strategy was to throw a granade on the group I attack, then shred them barehanded.
Of course there were many places where I needed ranged fire, but I never used hunting rifle this time, instead FNFal and AK47's burst mode.

As no doc, I used no few stimpacks, but after this mission Mandy became avaiable at last.

Tried out some punchgun, but although it provided somewhat better damage it lost the chance for criticals, so I dropped it.

EDIT: forgot this, but cool: exped up to lvl 6 to be able to have Silent Running. This makes unarmed combat much more effective. But even without stealth steping out from wall to throw a granade then step back at real time was working well at the final fight in M3.
But when you are detected by anything (even neutral creatures), they'll keep sense you form insane distances. So silent running is very-very advised with stealth-intense characters.

And finaly: poison is bull*@#. It deals a mere 1 damage per THIRTY seconds! Does something like 7-13 dmg in all, AND not works on robots. So don't even flirt with the Talon of Fear perk!
Also if you travel on the worldmap while poisoned the poison will be deactivated and will start to hurt you when you get back the normal gameplay from when you skipped. AND while traveling on the worldmap you will be healed - not from the poison, but by HP.
To give an example: the poison will hurt you 7 more HP, and you have 2 HP left. You exit to the worldmap and travel the duration you'd be healed for 20 HP. When you get back to normal gameplay you'll have 22 HP waiting for 7 HP of poison dmg to suffer (from what you imediatelly suffer 1 poison dmg).
Poison isn't serious in FT, but this hurts the feature even more

Last edited by twillight; 22-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 22-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #102
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Why, the hell, everyone in AB played all the games before the brave?
Even yoga completed about 60 games?
Rats!!
Im playing lands of lore 3, start that one now

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 23-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #103
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default stopped

I do not know your team now, twillight?

Mine?
Peter, Stitch, Jax, Mandy, Rebecca and Farsight.

According to PipBoy map i found my first fallen soldier, named Burke. He is green colored, located near the bridge before Mutant HQ and despite all my efforts to heal this man, he exploded because some device which connect the poor man with C4. I tried to heal with my best doc Stitch - 125 Doctor points. No result.
I received message "Required item"??? Which one?
Grahhh!!!

Another soldier have to be 20 meters SW from the vehicle, but i am unable to find him!

Now i am going to find soldier N 1. They are 4 soldiers to rescue.

I remember very bad that there was some sketch from FO2 of some ranged good weapon which allow to point your shot, namely: eyes, head etc. Remember?

Last edited by yoga; 23-08-2012 at 07:39 AM.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 23-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #104
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

@yoga

As I previously told my team is: me (race: deathclaw), Jax, PipBoy, Mandy, and later Babs and BillyBob will be additions when avaiable.

The guy blew up by C4 is not to be healed. If you'd've listened to what he says you'd know he was entrapped by some supermutant, so you job was to deactivate that trap.

Using the Doctor-skill requires you have in your hand a Doc-kit still.

Most BoS who you need to find are actually dead. The only survivals are the person who is boggled by the C4 map and a group of Bos at the last location along a blew up hummer in a bomb-crater.

All weapons allow you to aim the bodypart of your choice except those what only have burst mode (aka. BigGuns). You also can't aim bodyparts if you have the Fast Shot trait.
Old 23-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #105
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
@yoga

As I previously told my team is: me (race: deathclaw), Jax, PipBoy, Mandy, and later Babs and BillyBob will be additions when avaiable.

The guy blew up by C4 is not to be healed. If you'd've listened to what he says you'd know he was entrapped by some supermutant, so you job was to deactivate that trap.

Using the Doctor-skill requires you have in your hand a Doc-kit still.

Most BoS who you need to find are actually dead. The only survivals are the person who is boggled by the C4 map and a group of Bos at the last location along a blew up hummer in a bomb-crater.

All weapons allow you to aim the bodypart of your choice except those what only have burst mode (aka. BigGuns). You also can't aim bodyparts if you have the Fast Shot trait.
Dear twillight,
You speak about this game with such expert tone and competence that i begin to suspect You are one of its creators. True?
There were no fields of the game You dont know.
Why Mandy is so special for You? Some romance?
But You said before that Deathclaw is the worst partner?
Now You are Deathclaw??

One very important for me Q:
Is it a good idea to start exploring the area hoping to find some encounters, fighting and find good modern weapons for example Plasma gun as our Caro Capo stated before; also up my XP?
Old 23-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #106
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Why Mandy is so special for You? Some romance?
But You said before that Deathclaw is the worst partner?
Now You are Deathclaw??

One very important for me Q:
Is it a good idea to start exploring the area hoping to find some encounters, fighting and find good modern weapons for example Plasma gun as our Caro Capo stated before; also up my XP?
For me with patch Mandy is a very-very good character. Comes early, very high small guns skill, high first aid skill (so she is good medic too from start), has 6 ST (so can handle any weapon except Browning, but she is sniper anyway, so goes for Energy Weapons later on), has tonns of skillpoints (9 IN + skilled what can be mutated away, but still 9 IN is overload), can have all the ranged attack perks. She is so good she could be a player-made character!

And yes, I'm now deathclaw. Yes they are the worst, BUT as I explained they are the best choice for a melee character, what noone created in Fallout Tactics because they s*ck (the other possibilities are energy weapons with extreme range costing 3 AP per shot for good damage against single targets, or Big Guns with moderate range costing 2 AP per shot for awesome damage on crowd. In comparsion melee combatants must fight close combat costing 2 AP for low damage against single targets - although I've heared some better damage with Cattleprod's secondary attack and Power Fist is untried equipment). This is an extreme playthrough where I'll try to use the maximum an unarmed character (can only be reasoned as protagonist to be able totally micromanagement it), but I think during the later mission it will be dead meat to carry around by the other members of the crew.

During random encounters gaining exp is very grinding, but it is up to you to try.

Some special encounters worth finding, but none has energy weapons. They mostly provide some more small guns, maybe one or two lower tear big gun, and better armor then you can find early (namely a metal armor, an enviromental armor, and maybe one more what I don't remember now, and of course the all-so-special Brahmin Armor what only works for ghouls, supermutants and PipBoy). Oh, and one gives you 30K ringpulls (wasteland currency).
They are funny, but not really important. Also as I've mentioned previously they are to be found at SET LOCATIONS, not at random locations! So google the map of 'em if you want to find them.
Old 23-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #107
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
For me with patch Mandy is a very-very good character. Comes early, very high small guns skill, high first aid skill (so she is good medic too from start), has 6 ST (so can handle any weapon except Browning, but she is sniper anyway, so goes for Energy Weapons later on), has tonns of skillpoints (9 IN + skilled what can be mutated away, but still 9 IN is overload), can have all the ranged attack perks. She is so good she could be a player-made character!

And yes, I'm now deathclaw. Yes they are the worst, BUT as I explained they are the best choice for a melee character, what noone created in Fallout Tactics because they s*ck (the other possibilities are energy weapons with extreme range costing 3 AP per shot for good damage against single targets, or Big Guns with moderate range costing 2 AP per shot for awesome damage on crowd. In comparsion melee combatants must fight close combat costing 2 AP for low damage against single targets - although I've heared some better damage with Cattleprod's secondary attack and Power Fist is untried equipment). This is an extreme playthrough where I'll try to use the maximum an unarmed character (can only be reasoned as protagonist to be able totally micromanagement it), but I think during the later mission it will be dead meat to carry around by the other members of the crew.

During random encounters gaining exp is very grinding, but it is up to you to try.

Some special encounters worth finding, but none has energy weapons. They mostly provide some more small guns, maybe one or two lower tear big gun, and better armor then you can find early (namely a metal armor, an enviromental armor, and maybe one more what I don't remember now, and of course the all-so-special Brahmin Armor what only works for ghouls, supermutants and PipBoy). Oh, and one gives you 30K ringpulls (wasteland currency).
They are funny, but not really important. Also as I've mentioned previously they are to be found at SET LOCATIONS, not at random locations! So google the map of 'em if you want to find them.

Wow! Wow!

You, man, has no brain but super PC in your head...

Lazy brave can only said:
I am proud to speak with this MAN!!

One very stupid Q:

I do not like the face of my Rebecca. Any idea? As i know no any plastic surgeon in FT.

I did a stupid mistake- all 5 commandos except Farsight were equipped with better armor and their AC increased. Only that girl is with weak armor and now i have to keep alive..

Anyway what do You do if for example some of yr warriors dies?
Resurrect or bury with all salutes?

Last edited by yoga; 23-08-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #108
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I've never tried, but people were unsatisfied with portaits too, so they developed how to change 'em. Maybe NoMutantsAllowed.com has some idea to start with.

Don't worry about armor too much. There are solutions: give the one with weak armor long range weapon, only use the person on instakill ambushes (this is especially likable as weak armor don't ruin your stealth), position the person back to avoid getting shot at, or even leave behind until someone gets injured in your strike-team and then exchange armor to this fullhealth member. Be Tactic!

If any of my warrior die I use The Most Powerful Spell of All: save&load. I never liked the idea of recruiting new (less efficient) members. But that doesn't mean it is not an option. It will make the game harder, but it won't make it undoable (unless too many dies and you run out of people with weapon skills).
Old 23-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #109
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Bad news, sry.

Senior Burke dies. He said something about he regrets that not shot the general, who was captured. I dully disarmed this BoS but the end was fatal..
RIP, brave soldier.

I am advancing now to the last possible location of my target. But my vehicle was stopped by two mines. Moreover there are 2 small buildings after these mines.In these check-points are hidden 2 mutants. Now i have to delete these bad ones. The first two attempts were without success.

..Good advice for killed commando. I also know this nice spell. Yes, Farsight has ranged weapon and nice sneaking points. 111.

..I killed both opps but why i am unable to shot these mines and free the road for my vehicle. Another pair waits for me after barricades.

Last edited by yoga; 23-08-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 23-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #110
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It is not impossible to shoot out mines, just very hard as they are tiny targets (hard to aim), do splash damage when destroyed (have to stand far away), and has high damage treshold (can suffer damage without being hurt).

Usually burst mode of shotguns do the trick, although with a couple of barrels form AK47s can work also (but it cost a lot of bullets). But if you carried into the mission repair kits, you shouldn't have problem riding over mines.

Btw, don't forget that between the start and the first wp is a low-ceiling bunker where you can only crawl under. There is a chest with a Sniper Rifle.