Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-03-2006, 05:33 AM   #41

to all the people asking how to get it to run in dosbox: don't bother.

the PC version is inferior to the amiga version, which runs perfectly in winuae and euae, so just run that instead.

Old 21-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #42

Can anyone give me a step by step exercice! I have the same problem like others!
Blinking cursor and nothing happens.

Thanks for helping... ( hope so)...

Old 20-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #43
delarge

Quote:
Originally posted by Listoric@Sep 25 2005, 04:49 PM
This is ust the best sportsgame ever made. I still love it and i really love to play every mod which could be just a bit like this game nowadays. WOuld really like to see a UnrealTournament Mod or somehting like that. Just imagine playing this game with friends in the internet.. *dreams*

Anyway, i HAVE TO download it now, it`s just one of the best games ever made imo...
there is a halflife 1 mod called kanonball thats based on this classic. go visit the site http://www.planethalflife.com/kanonball . the mod was dead for a while but people are starting to play it again. i highly recommend this game to every speedball fan that has halflife. to find other players and servers go to www.gamesurge.net where there is an irc channel called #RCKanonball.

Old 29-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #44

o mannnnnn this game is great but impossible to play with these strange controls LOL
:tai:

Old 02-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #45
stephquan

Pfft dont be babies! the controls are easy to get the hang of.

it runs fine from dosbox for me, but it might be hanging if your sound is not set up properly so run the setup first.

I usually play the cup not the season, its faster and you can get the super stars at any time. the best players you can buy are jensen in defense, Jams in attack, and selene in midfield. however, you generally can still upgrade their aggression if the rest of the team is maxed out.

as for gameplay - slide tackle works best from behind, and better from an angle then straight on.
goals are good points, but can be very hard to get...
if you get the chance to buy a great 'defender' early on, put him in left or right defence not goal so you can take him out and collect all the bonus'
the domes that give you points make GREAT scores if you have a strong player rebounding a ball off one. use the points multiplyer on either side and go ahead. scores of 80 or 100 points in single rebounding rounds are possible

i love this game, super nashwan are always a challenge : )

Old 19-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #46
tjeppen

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblerkidjr@Aug 8 2005, 07:28 PM
Does anyone have any game play tips they would like to give me? Its a great game but i cant seem to even win a single game the other team is always faster than me.
Yes I do, hit the stars on the side of the playing field, and then score goals, the stars multiply your score (the more stars , the higer your score for eferything, even injuring an opponent)

Old 19-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally posted by BLauritson@Aug 8 2005, 09:17 AM
PC ports of Amiga games never are as good. I had the Amiga game, and really enjoyed it.
you are soooooo right on that issue

Old 24-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #48

i bought me a joystick for this game, but i cant get it to work. it says joystick in setup, but nothin happens when i try it in the game.

Old 24-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #49
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 24 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]239394[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i bought me a joystick for this game, but i cant get it to work. it says joystick in setup, but nothin happens when i try it in the game.
[/b]
Try to run the game in dosbox, because dosbox will config and calibrate your joystick. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 02-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #50

I used to love this game-- my favorite scoring technique was to run the ball up to the center scoring cone on my opponent's side (or whatever it is), get very close to the cone and throw hard into it. keep holding the button for max strength on the throw, and run with the ball all the way to the goalie, slide tackle him, and throw the ball in for a score.

someone mentioned earlier-- grab as many coins as you can, double your points by using the circular thing on the left/right. The stars don't double your score, they just give points as long as they are lit, or if you light them all-- but it takes too long trying to illuminate them all, and you're bound to get ganked trying.

get guys that are fast. I remember early on Quiss or something like that is a great forward.