Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Talking Amazing Comics!

Amazing Comics!

I like Comics more of the Seinen / Josei genre that has less bullsh*t and nonsense than low-level Comics like Shounen / Shoujo in which there is no story consistency, more realistic characters, more doable behavior patterns, frequent cliches, stories recycled, etc.

I have been told that I am a fan of the wonderful Fan Dances. I have also said that I am not fan of Fan, but fan of Cooler Fan.

However, I am a true fan of another type of Fan, the coolest and mightiest type of Fan!

Here are some pictures that prove it!

Fan of the Coolest and Mightiest Fan!
Old 11-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Cobra... Good old comic series, but I really like MC’s sense of humor, Cobra! It reminds me of the beginnings of Spider-Man, who had a sharp and provocative tongue...

• Cobra / Space Adventure Cobra;
• Cobra The Space Pirate.

It is really a shame, but the current state of Manga (and Anime), excluding Seinen / Josei, is very precarious and unfortunate...

The difference in content quality over the years is remarkable and very noticeable. Just do not see (or realize) this who does not want or is a blind and stubborn Otaku!
Old 11-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

Cobra... Good old comic series, but I really like MC’s sense of humor, Cobra! It reminds me of the beginnings of Spider-Man, who had a sharp and provocative tongue...

• Cobra / Space Adventure Cobra;
• Cobra The Space Pirate.

It is really a shame, but the current state of Manga (and Anime), excluding Seinen / Josei, is very precarious and unfortunate...

The difference in content quality over the years is remarkable and very noticeable. Just do not see (or realize) this who does not want or is a blind and stubborn Otaku!
Unfortunately, high-quality Manga titles are not always the most popular... such as Cobra and Treasure Hunter Jubei... What a pity!
Old 14-04-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
rabada65120

Being an ardent DC fan, I would suggest reading ‘Knightfall’ - a 1993 comic book featuring the well known villain Bane for the first time and it includes Jean-Paul Valley (Azreal) as The Batman as well.

‘Preacher’ is truly one of the best comic books ever created. Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon have done an amazing job and created characters and a story that will blow you away. Preacher ran for 65 issues and was published by Vertigo, an imprint of DC.

‘Batman : Whatever Happened to Caped Crusader’ , ‘Batman : Hush’ and ‘Batman : Noel’ are 3 of the best Batman stories I have come across. ‘Flashpoint’, ‘Blackest Night’ and ‘Batman : Arkham Asylum’ are also some decent titles.

‘Outcast’ by Robert Kirkman and Paul Azaceta (creators of The Walking Dead) is an ongoing series which is worthy of mention.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #5
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabada65120 View Post

Being an ardent DC fan, I would suggest reading ‘Knightfall’ - a 1993 comic book featuring the well known villain Bane for the first time and it includes Jean-Paul Valley (Azreal) as The Batman as well.

‘Preacher’ is truly one of the best comic books ever created. Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon have done an amazing job and created characters and a story that will blow you away. Preacher ran for 65 issues and was published by Vertigo, an imprint of DC.

‘Batman : Whatever Happened to Caped Crusader’ , ‘Batman : Hush’ and ‘Batman : Noel’ are 3 of the best Batman stories I have come across. ‘Flashpoint’, ‘Blackest Night’ and ‘Batman : Arkham Asylum’ are also some decent titles.

‘Outcast’ by Robert Kirkman and Paul Azaceta (creators of The Walking Dead) is an ongoing series which is worthy of mention.
Hmmm... Your username reminds me of a very tasty food... although it is highly caloric and oily...

Rabada... Maybe you are from Brazil, but Rabada (Oxtail in Sauce) reminds me of very tasty dishes such as Picadinho de Carne (Chopped Meat in Sauce), Carne Louca / Maluca (Mad Meat), Costela ao Molho (Rib in Sauce) e Frango ao Molho (Chicken in Sauce)...

I really enjoyed reading comics from Marvel Comics in the past, although I am no longer a fan of it today...

And curiously, my tastes are very peculiar:

I liked to read comics a lot more from Marvel Comics than DC Comics... Although I would much prefer the Cartoons (Batman, Superman, etc.) and Movies from DC Comics than Marvel Comics...

The reasons may be that I do not like the adaptations and alterations of stories and characters from Marvel Comics to Cinema and Cartoons.

Well, that is one of the reasons I hate the new Transformers movies... which do not remind me at all of the charismatic and nostalgic Transformers from the G1...

I remember well the quality of the comics of Thor (Mythology) by John Buscema, Conan, Eternals, Space Gods, Galactus by John Byrne, Fantastic Four by John Byrne, Daredevil by Frank Miller, Punisher, Avengers, Spiderman, etc. I just was not much fan of the X-Men (much hatred and persecution of mutants)...
Old 16-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #6
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Let me give some suggestions:
- New 52 Swamp Thing is something very cool
- if you can find some Arm of Kanon manga, they are cool. Too bad they are protected by electric fence and dogs and shark pools, so only secondhand printed copies exist
- from Uncanny X-men I have a favourite era: from where the team first time meats Forge,and finishes with the entire X-men annihilated (The Fall of the Mutants -> Broken Star)
- Marvel Zombies is usualy good
- DC's Lucifer (first volume) was interresting
- if you know a bit about Spawn, I can suggest Hellspawn, what takes place on an alternate timeline from the point Spawn beaten Malebolgia/conquered Hell (so there's not thatstupid Satan/God/MotherOfAll crap)
- Angry Birds vs Transformers (or whatever the exact title) was hilarious
Old 22-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #7
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face My List of Japanese Manga

My List of Japanese Manga:

My List of Japanese Manga

Last edited by Mystvan; 22-04-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 22-04-2019, 01:22 AM   #8
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face My List of Korean Manhwa

My List of Korean Manhwa:

My List of Korean Manhwa
Old 22-04-2019, 01:24 AM   #9
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face My List of Korean Webtoons

My List of Korean Webtoons: