Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to kad3t
Default UFO Enemy Unknown (again & again)

Hey!

I'm glad to inform that my last issue was solved with thanks to ideas of all of you who answered. So, I've been happily fighting my way through alien bases & many, many terror sites (as I have barely any encouters other than terror sites - weird) until I noticed something really odd. Over the last three in-game months I have been getting Excellent ratings each month along with large increases in funding. In theory that is... As over the last three months I've literally recieved no money even though I was supposed to get over $7M each month. Don't get me wrong I can (hardly, but I still can) go by with what I scavange of any terror/alien base missions but wouldn't mind getting some cash to flow in every now and them to support at least one of my three bases...

Any ideas how to solve that?
Old 20-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad3t View Post
(...)

Any ideas how to solve that?
ANd yet again I seem to be answering myself. ^__^ I did found a way or more of a work around that problem with money & if anyone's interested I'm willing to share the resolution however it involves using an "outside" application (not cheating though!).

Unfortuanately I may just not be lucky when it comes to UFO/X-COM as the game started to break my save games again...

Still no resolution apart from multiples saves and total broken save wipe out after restroring from an earlier, working one...

All in all, I don't remember spending that much time trying to work out why the game doesn't wanna work properly & what to do with it in ages. Must be that I like it more than I thought. ^__^
Old 27-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Since the problem which prevent you from playing well is already in another thread, you are asking for adviced to play the game. This have no place in Troubleshooting, so I'll move it to favorite.

The answer to your first question is simple: if a country get infiltrated by Aliens, it will join them and will stop giving you money to finance your organisation. While this is no game ender by itself, if you happen to have too many countries infiltrated then it might rings a early game over message. Don't forget that your job in this game is exactly that: protect the world from the invasion.

-EoF
Old 27-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There are regular upkeep costs associated with base facilities, personnel and aircraft under your control.
These are deducted as soon as you receive your funding, meaning that if you expanded too much you can well start losing money each month instead of receiving anything.
My advice? Start selling off all the alien crap stuffing your base stores. You won't need as much guns as ammo if you're going to start using them in field.
Many alien devices from base raids can be sold off but for one unit (if you really feel like researching them). Same for alien corpses.
Also, if you have any Engineers, beeline your research to get Laser Cannons and start producing them en masse. Selling them off is a reliable source of income.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

All of my problems have been long solved guys. Thanks anyway! Now, I only have my hands tied due to total and utter lack of Elirium but that's alright - most missions I do are bases and big< alien ships, so sooner or later I'll get it stocked up. ^__^
Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Yeah, lack of elerium can be a pain.

You either need to hunt down landed Alien crafts (you are sure the elerium and the engines are still there), attack big crafts with normal weapons and hope one of the engines don't blow up or attack normal Alien crafts with low grade weapons.

There is also the option to attack Alien bases. You should get a good stock from those.

I prefer the former and the later. It destroys less of my own crafts, which are reserved for patrol duties and interceptions anyways.