Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #21
appollo147
Lurker

You move with left ALT and left CTRL.
appollo147 is offline                         Send a private message to appollo147
Old 20-07-2005, 02:16 AM   #22
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Jul 19 2005, 07:22 PM
Oh well, I guess I'm the only one to realise how boring this game is... Even when I was playing it on my Atari (or was it Coleco Vision?) when I was 5-6 I never played this game for long.

By your way of thinking, I guess we should create a new rating of 6. Any "classic" should get it automatically... But then I guess half of the games on this site would get that "special" rating automatically. Go figure...

It's not the first time I argue about what I personnaly think are "stupid" ratings. Ascendancy is a perfect example.
Ya I have to admit, it does get borring, but...its Space Invaders....
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 20-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #23
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Jul 19 2005, 09:22 PM
Oh well, I guess I'm the only one to realise how boring this game is... Even when I was playing it on my Atari (or was it Coleco Vision?) when I was 5-6 I never played this game for long.
Look it's simple:

-this game has graphics (you see what you are and what the enemys are)
-this game has sounds (it's better not to hear them, but it does have them)
-this game has a good interface (you can use either a stick or the keys to move and shoot)
-this game has colors (only 3, but still there are colors)
-this game has action (shoot the aliens who are coming nearer)
-this game keeps scores (the more you shoot - the more you get and there are motherships that score extra)
-you can hide behind the green bunkers, until the bunkers are destroyed (even if you shoot att eh bunkers they will be demaged)
-you are being shot back at

So this was one of the first games ever and it did set the standards for every action game to follow! So whenevery you say this game is boring remember this - it's boring compared to some other game, which is basically just an improved version of this very game (especially sinse you don't like adventure games).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #24
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Jul 20 2005, 07:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Jul 20 2005, 07:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Eagle of Fire@Jul 19 2005, 09:22 PM
Look it's simple:

-this game has graphics (you see what you are and what the enemys are)
-this game has sounds (it's better not to hear them, but it does have them)
-this game has a good interface (you can use either a stick or the keys to move and shoot)
-this game has colors (only 3, but still there are colors)
-this game has action (shoot the aliens who are coming nearer)
-this game keeps scores (the more you shoot - the more you get and there are motherships that score extra)
-you can hide behind the green bunkers, until the bunkers are destroyed (even if you shoot att eh bunkers they will be demaged)
-you are being shot back at

So this was one of the first games ever and it did set the standards for every action game to follow! So whenevery you say this game is boring remember this - it's boring compared to some other game, which is basically just an improved version of this very game (especially sinse you don't like adventure games). [/b][/quote]
- the game was in the arcades in 1978. the p.c version isnt the same game.
- in the arcades it only had 2 colours (black and white), the colours came from a screen overlay
- space war was created in 1960, beating space invaders by 17 years (space invaders too less than a year to make)
- space war was out in 1972... beating space invaders by 6 years.
- space invaders still sucks. its basically just a computer version of the old 'shooting gallery' games
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 23-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #25
RIP
Exclamation

Playing this game may bring memories like a touch of nostalgia.

Children who will be born on year 2020 may give the same ratings to the games children play today.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #26
Guest_Anlino

For anyone wanting to try it online, Neave has made a flash version, with just about the same graphics. My record on this is around 30 000, how much can you get?

Play it now!!!

Old 17-09-2005, 10:56 AM   #27
Kearnsy
Games Master

Oh come on guys I cant believe your paying out space invaders! :angry:
This is simple, fun, pure gameplay at its finest not to mention the way it show the path for many new games and even the huge boom in arcade play.
You have to appreciate these games not only for what they are but for what they did and how they made you feel...ok thats about as deep as Ill go!
Great game, have fun! k: k: k:
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 28-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #28
Office_Monk
Game freak

At the time the game was original and nice.
If Space Invaders was boring it would've never been so popular!

The version here is a remake.
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 28-10-2005, 10:35 AM   #29
Office_Monk
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jul 18 2005, 01:46 AM

Sorry to correct you one more time Strobe, but I belive Tetris is the smalest game archive we have (only 14kb - not the huge 40kb of Space invaders).
Paratrooper: 7kb
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 28-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #30
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Office_Monk+Oct 28 2005, 12:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Office_Monk @ Oct 28 2005, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sebatianos@Jul 18 2005, 01:46 AM

Sorry to correct you one more time Strobe, but I belive Tetris is the smalest game archive we have (only 14kb - not the huge 40kb of Space invaders).
Paratrooper: 7kb [/b][/quote]
At the time Space invaders was added our site still didn't host Paratroopers (they were added later - you can check the news archives or the dates of the discusion posts).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos