Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #21
Dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Nature Boy+Jul 1 2005, 07:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nature Boy @ Jul 1 2005, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Jul 1 2005, 03:14 PM
How can I play it? When I start it, it appears a head saying welcome to warlords, but it doesn't disappear, so I can't use the menu behind it! (???)
Yeah, same here. I'm running DOSbox, and have tried various keys (esc, enter etc) and also tried several of the EXE files but all the same.

Any help please? k: [/b][/quote]
I checked the READ.ME. Use 'warlords2 v n'.
--Dave

Old 02-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #22

I downloaded this and it works in xp but no music, even after settup of soundcard, but has voice. In both VDM and Dosbox I also get just a picture of a head and it don't go away, and no pointer. But I do get the music this way. How can I solve this? I REALLY want to play with the music. Help please. This is the best strategy game site on the web. Surely someone can solve this problem who is more of a computer wiz than I.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:39 AM   #23

i use dos box to start it and it gets to the main menu, but then a big samauri head is in the middle of the screen and i cant do anything. Can anyone help??

Thanks

Old 03-07-2005, 08:49 AM   #24

I have the same problem as the poster earlier. The game starts and says "Greeting Warlord" and then the head just stays there and you can't do anything else.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #25
Old skool

Ok so yea im using dos box and im having the same problem as the other guy. Runs great a bitch chopy but not to bad untill intro screen then when the head pops up and says "Greetings warlord" my mouse disapears and i cant click anything an dhte head does not go away. THe game does not freez, the guys eyes keep blinking. ANyone know how to fix this? I would love some help, this and Castle II siege and conquest were my first games EVER so iwould really like to get a working copy of this.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #26
Curt D.

k: Well, I have come up with a solution to the no curser, face won't go away problem that is a sure winner. It is to play WARLORDS IV 4 Heroes Of Etheria instead! A far better game than 2 and it has gone back to it's turn based roots from Real Time. I purchased a NEW copy on Ebay for under $9:00 and $5:00 shipping and handling. It is done in oldstyle 2D graphics yet! Hope this idea helps someone. Yeah, I know still can't play 2 but sometimes it's best to take the easy way out. IN SPITE OF THE OCCASIONAL GLITCH IN GAME PLAY THIS SITE STILL HAS THE BEST DOWNLOADS ON THE WEB! I NEVER WOULD HAVE FOUND WARLORDS IV 4 Heroes Of Etheria IF NOT FOR TRYING TO RUN 2.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jul 1 2005, 03:14 PM
How can I play it? When I start it, it appears a head saying welcome to warlords, but it doesn't disappear, so I can't use the menu behind it! (???)
I'm having the same problem with the talking head. Running the game with the 'V' and 'N' args gets me past the head, but on my first turn, no controls respond.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #28
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

I would say this, there is a reason why you shall have a DOS machine.

and not DOSBOX *gives me shivers down my spine*
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 22-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #29

This Game is not DOSBOX compatible

Old 22-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #30
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jul 22 2005, 10:18 AM
This Game is not DOSBOX compatible
Try running it in Windows, then.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles