Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #11
Marc

I've finished this game, but never done anything with that planet that looks like an eye. Is it possible to access it's computers, or is it just a curiosity?

Old 06-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #12
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Itīs easy to end the game , but i only can play about 6 of the subplots.
And i get lot of mensage like about sent a invasion fleet, or like the computer of eyeball, or the scients in the space base.

Itīs too bad, only two videos and when u win , 2 sec, the video and the D.O.S. Itīs a good game but it could be the best
Old 01-08-2005, 02:51 PM   #13
Mors

This game is by far one of the greatest games I've ever played--and I have played through it at least 25 times. It's has a sharp learning curve, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. You'd think the replayability is low because everything happens on the same day, but there are so many other things that are random (battles, research, mining, etc.) that make this game truly enjoyable.

To show you how much I love this game, I bought the original on 3.5" floppies. When those wore out, I bought it on CD. I kept my old PII around just so I could play this game After that fried, I went through a period of 2 years where I was unable to play it because of compatibility issues. When WinXP came out, one of the first things I did was install Maelstrom to test out the compatibility mode. (If you tweak it, you can get this game to run in WinXP under Win95 compatibility with only a few problems; and yes, I tried that hard.) Thanks to Dosbox that's no longer an issue. I still have the original manual, and the CD.

The only subplot that I have not completed is the hidden planet. I know where it is, but I just can't seem to access it.

Marc, no you cannot access The Eyeball. Even if you send a Fox (fastest ship in the game) the very first day, you will arrive too late--the Syndicate will have captured it.

To Ultra, the end game occurs at a set time--the reason is complex and requires knowledge of many of the subplots. If you access Skave McGlade (Recon Rimbula) ingame, he'll help point you (for a fee of course) in the right direction.

laiocfar, the only "invasion" you can do is attack a planet. If the planet is worthwhile (i.e. Sydicate headquarters), you will have a space battle. Assuming you win the space battle, you automatically "win" the ground war. The only planet worth attacking outright is the Syndicate headquarters. Anywhere else, and you'll just make enemies.

Anyway, great game. You should play it.

Old 13-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #14
Miner Blue

Can anyone help get this running on a 98 se box?

I get a message saying I've not got enough memory and I have nearly 300Megs of ram!!!

That's as far as I get. So any whizzes out there that can help?!

Old 21-09-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
laiocfar
NOD Commander

tryed dosbox yet?
Old 21-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #16
BLOODUK
Game freak

Game wont work here, type in ML and it loads for 1sec
and goes straight back to dos
BLOODUK is offline                         Send a private message to BLOODUK
Old 09-11-2005, 02:19 AM   #17
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Where is here? :eeeeeh:
Old 11-11-2005, 07:04 AM   #18
Luke

can anyone tell me how do the Defences work? I find the descriptions and manual very vague. The are automatic? what does the armonic shield repell? help, you are my only hope

Old 11-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #19
laiocfar
NOD Commander

The armonic shield didnīt exist. Well, in the game story yes, Harmony itīs a planet too hard to invade but the only true defense itīs a good fleet. At the start of the game, u will be attacked and u will need them (there is a guy with a fleet of 5 ship that claims the throne). If u are buying good ships u will be outnumbered and lose. A wise choise itīs to buy, Option A: firstly a FOX (this ship is for carry spies and avoid the enemy) and as many Hawks as u can(they are good medium sized ship used as First Line Ships). Option B: the FOX and some Vole(they arenīt good as Hawks but they are cheaper and can offer during the rest of the game a good Support Class Ships or Second Line).

I remember, before the arrival of this guy, an allied planet or neutral planet will ask u from aid because there are a 3 ships fleet from Sindycate. So if u chosed the option A, it will be hard to make in time to save the planet and come back to defend Harmony. If u left some ships in Harmony itīs a heavy risk of lost one of the battles. If u chose buy the Voles, u will got more ships and can easly divide your fleet. So you can win both battles. A another weak point of Vole, left defence in Harmony always, they are too slow to make in time for defence. k:
Old 11-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #20

thanks laiocfar, but the armonic shield Im talking about is the one you can put on your ships. I know how to switch weapons (though I cant see the difference) but I can't find anyway to control the ship Defenses like the Energy Shield or the AntiProyectile Lasers. :help: heck, ill try equiping a ship with no defenses at all to see if theres any difference. the weapons have nice descriptions but i cant figure out any practical difference apart from cash and range
thank anyways ill keep in mind those tips for the early stage of the game