Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #21
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOODUK@Jun 2 2005, 09:03 PM

I do think the reviewer shouldve tested both compatibilites
That was exactly what I've done - as with every game I've reviewed. I had no cursor in DOSBox and therefore the review says Compatability: VDMSound, which works fine for me. :whistle:

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 03-06-2005, 02:54 AM   #22
Flop
Hero Gamer

Hmm, I picked up Patrician 2 a couple of years ago, but didn't really like it that much. I'm gonna check this one out, though. Maybe I'll like it better.

I think I heard something about Patrician 3 a while back. Does anyone know if it has been released or if it's even in production?

Edit: It seems that the zip file contains the game twice. In the patrician folder, there is another folder called patrician, containing the full game. This should probably be corrected, even though the size difference will be less than two MB. There is no reason to squander server space.

Edit 2: The game hangs every time I go to the town scribes office and select record personal data (or the other option). Does anybody else have this problem, and is it important to the game?
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 03-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #23
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Quote:
Originally posted by Flop@Jun 3 2005, 06:54 AM
Hmm, I picked up Patrician 2 a couple of years ago, but didn't really like it that much. I'm gonna check this one out, though. Maybe I'll like it better.

I think I heard something about Patrician 3 a while back. Does anyone know if it has been released or if it's even in production?

Edit: It seems that the zip file contains the game twice. In the patrician folder, there is another folder called patrician, containing the full game. This should probably be corrected, even though the size difference will be less than two MB. There is no reason to squander server space.

Edit 2: The game hangs every time I go to the town scribes office and select record personal data (or the other option). Does anybody else have this problem, and is it important to the game?
Since this is a ripped game with not music and cut-scenes, you must disable the sound-effects, music tracks in the options menu from your office in the very beginning. Gimme a shout if you need addons for this game.

Hey Bobbin: you made me laugh my dash out by catagorizing this game in Simulation genre instead of Strategy. Or, maybe you thought its a trading simulation game. hahaha

P.S: I think there is a cheat to get millions of thalers without much trading, interested?
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 03-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #24
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Flop@Jun 3 2005, 04:54 AM
The Patrician III is the US release of The Patrician II with Addons. In Europe it is known as "Rise of the Hanse". A real 3rd part of the series is not yet officially in production , as Ascaron is developing the Sacred sequel at the moment, but the Ascaron forums speak of some "secret projects", and who knows...

Quote:
Originally posted by Flop+Jun 3 2005, 04:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flop @ Jun 3 2005, 04:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It seems that the zip file contains the game twice. In the patrician folder, there is another folder called patrician, containing the full game. This should probably be corrected, even though the size difference will be less than two MB. There is no reason to squander server space.[/b]

:blink: You're right. No idea how that could happen.

<!--QuoteBegin-GraveDigger
@Jun 3 2005, 11:46 AM
Hey Bobbin: you made me laugh my dash out by catagorizing this game in Simulation genre instead of Strategy. Or, maybe you thought its a trading simulation game. hahaha tomato.gif[/quote]

You may laugh, but that is exactly what I thought. I find it quite hard sometimes to categorize business simulations into Simulation / Strategy, as you can find good examples for them in both categories. What makes Merchant Prince, Ports of Call or Transport Tycoon more of a simulation than The Patrician? The game would've fitted into Strategy as well, however.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 03-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #25
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Has this game got a manual ? I don't know how to play it. :blink:
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 03-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #26
Leo

I can't save the game! Anyone else with this problem?

Old 03-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #27
xoopx
Hero Gamer

im downloading this game because i always wanted to try it. but i wont be trying it right away. im getting it now while i still can .... if you know what i mean
did anyone play the amiga version.. is it better/worse?
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 04-06-2005, 05:58 AM   #28
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo@Jun 3 2005, 09:55 PM
I can't save the game! Anyone else with this problem?
Right-click until you are in a room. You will find on a table 2 books and in front of them 2 objects, I think. Left-click on the left object and a menu should appear.
In it you can save, load, quit ...

Happy playing ! k:
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 AM   #29
Leo

I know HOW TO save the game, but it does not work.
i.e.: I save under "Spiel", then I quit. When I want to load, it says "no savegame available".

Old 04-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #30
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

I am new to this game. What is the function of an office? How to prepare a feast? My guests has always been starved and thirsty. How to fund a church? Why need to join a Guild? Convoy??? Never heard of it!!!
I have googled "Patrician manual" but no available.
minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan