Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #81
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's sold on GOG with AITD 1 and 2... seriously Yoga, you could have easily found it out yourself.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #82
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
It's sold on GOG with AITD 1 and 2... seriously Yoga, you could have easily found it out yourself.
Thank You again, dear 5H, for your kind and prompt answer.

Playing games from early morning to evening I am bad expert about this stuff.

I am asking because I finished that game and I want to add to my favorires.

yoga the brave
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 15-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #83
denzuk

Default Config for AITD2

Relieved my old times in these games, but without old hardware, it was almost impossible to play.....

.... until DOSBox and FE GUI arrived.... but alas, tweaking the sound, graphic and whatsnot is like tweaking IIS to run NGINX

Searching up and down through the Net... at last found the solution to run this game with sound and music....

Here is my BAT file....

@echo off
adlibm
drv_sb
aitd2

SB setting is normally set at A220 I7 D5, so by norm is not changed much. MIDI setting also is not changed (intelligent, default).

Hopefully this info will save someone's day of tiring search of how to hear music and FX while playing.....
denzuk is offline                         Send a private message to denzuk
Old 20-11-2017, 12:35 AM   #84
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzuk View Post
....is like tweaking IIS to run NGINX
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #85
Solstar82
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by methuselah View Post
---------------------------------------------------
HEX CODE CHEATS FOR "ALONE IN THE DARK 2" -- PART 1
---------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have downloaded a copy of the English version of AITD2 that 'freezes' when Carnby enters the sorceress' bedroom, or if you have downloaded a copy of the French version of AITD2 that 'freezes' when Grace climbs the ladder to go onto the deck of the pirate ship, you have a corrupted copy! I plan to try to correct these problems on my own, so that good copies will be available for download. Hopefully, I will have all the troubleshooting work completed sometime during the early months of 2007.

If anyone is trying to run AITD2 under MS-DOS 6.22, without success, send an e-mail and I will reply. I can provide sample AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files, as well as installation software for Creative Labs Soundblaster 16 plug-and-play and Vibra 16 legacy cards. I also have copies of the AITD2 copy protection cards that can be sent as a GIF file. You must be a registered Abandonia member in order to access the "Members" section of this website and to send e-mail to me. --- Methuselah

================================================== =

To use the hex code cheats, you must have a hex editor. I use, and recommend, XVI32 Hex Editor, by Christian Maas. Do a Google search to find a copy of this freeware editor. The file that must be edited is named SAVE0.ITD.

Hex addresses for health and inventory items in saved games each occupy two bytes; thus, for example, 68C4 goes with 68C5. The hexadecimal values must be written in lo-hi format; 12 0C becomes 0C 12, for example. To boost health points and ammo, first convert the decimal value to its hexadecimal value, then use the two lists immediately following to convert the hexadecimal value to its 'encrypted' value, then transpose the resulting two byte values (if the decimal value is over 255).

Note the following examples:

255 DECIMAL = FF HEX = CA CONVERTED (NO FORMAT CHANGE NEEDED)
24683 DECIMAL = 60 6B HEX = 55 5E CONVERTED = 5E 55 LO-HI FORMAT
32000 DECIMAL = 7D 00 HEX = 48 35 CONVERTED = 35 48 LO-HI FORMAT

So, to boost Carnby's health points to 255, enter CA in hex address 68C4. To get 32,000 health points, enter 35 in address 68C4; enter 48 in address 68C5.

================
CONVERSION LISTS
================
1. 2.
0 = 3 0 = 5
1 = 2 1 = 4
2 = 1 2 = 7
3 = 0 3 = 6
4 = 7 4 = 1
5 = 6 5 = 0
6 = 5 6 = 3
7 = 4 7 = 2
8 = B 8 = D
9 = A 9 = C
A = 9 A = F
B = 8 B = E
C = F C = 9
D = E D = 8
E = D E = B
F = C F = A

Only a few hex addresses need to be edited to get through the game easily. The most essential addresses are listed below for the English and French versions of the game.

=============================
ITEM FRENCH ENGLISH
=============================
HEALTH 5E38 68C4
REVOLVER 5E3A 68C6
THOMPSON 5E28 68B4
SHOTGUN 6192 6C1E
DERRINGER 5E70 68FC
GRACE ---- 694E

To avoid having health and ammo automatically reset to lower values, do not use health flasks, Thompson ammo magazines or shotgun shells that are found during the course of the game. Flasks, ammo magazines and shells can be picked-up, but they should not be used after hex addresses have been manually edited. Adhering to this rule will eliminate the need to edit additional hex addresses.

Supplementary hex addresses follow below (English version).

68C0 Thompson Ammo
68C2 Thompson Ammo
68B4 Thompson Ammo
6A7A Thompson Ammo

6960 Pirate Pistol
6962 Pirate Pistol

6A7E Pirate Pistol Ammo
6A80 Pirate Pistol Ammo
695E Pirate Pistol Ammo
can you please explain it in a more easy to undestand way how to add items? i am trying to add the thompson from an hex editor but can only find the offset and not the "lest code of the list" as you said
Solstar82 is offline                         Send a private message to Solstar82