Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
Nefertiti
Lurker

I have Windows XP and I have been playing Legend of Kyrandia HOF. When I load the game it says
C:\download\LEGEND~1\HOF.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.
There also is an Ignore button which I have been using instead and the game has worked fine until I got to the part where she has just gotten out of jail and is heading to the boat with the big fish in the water and then it freezes. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? Please keep in mind I am a computer "newbie" and really don't know alot of the terms etc. Thanks for any help you can give me as I am really enjoying this game and want to finish it.
Nefertiti is offline                         Send a private message to Nefertiti
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Symantec is a company which make anti-virus and firewalls. Make sure one of those programs is not blocking your game somehow. Maybe your firewall is blocking the opening of a port your game need to open to continue or your anti-virus is stoping the program thinking it's a malware or something like that.
Old 28-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
soldindian

QUOTE(Nefertiti @ Jun 12 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]236049[/snapback]
Quote:
I have Windows XP and I have been playing Legend of Kyrandia HOF. When I load the game it says
C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.
There also is an Ignore button which I have been using instead and the game has worked fine until I got to the part where she has just gotten out of jail and is heading to the boat with the big fish in the water and then it freezes. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? Please keep in mind I am a computer "newbie" and really don't know alot of the terms etc. Thanks for any help you can give me as I am really enjoying this game and want to finish it.
[/b]

Old 28-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #4

QUOTE(soldindian @ Jun 28 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]240312[/snapback]
Quote:
QUOTE(Nefertiti @ Jun 12 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]236049[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I don't know much about computers but I do know that I get the same message when I attempt to play after a resart from my computer. I click Ignore and seem to get thr the games ok without a problem. I also know that there is a clash if two anti virus programs are loaded on the computer. I deleted what I could of Norton and kept McAfee. Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

Old 30-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
chainsoar
Master Debater

I'm getting the same thing trying to install Supercars (see my other post) but I don't have Norton anymore. Interesting to see I'm not the only person having this problem. I get the exact same error message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 30-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
Japo
Autonomous human

Even if you've uninstalled a program part of it may be hanging out around your computer... <_< Try a registry scan with something like EasyCleaner or maybe a System Restore or whatever.
Old 30-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

How about using DosBox or VDMSound to run the game?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman