Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Need help for Ravenlof: Strahd's Possession

Hello mates,

First I dunno am I right asking here for help?
If No let the Mod dell my post.

If Yes here is the problem:
- Well, I am in TOMB OF THE ELVEN LORD LEVEL 2 searching for Lord signet.
My team is: I as a Mage - level 8, Lil is Cleric elf 8 level and Yuko is a man thief -8 level. We are experienced gang and all Pyre Elementals are easy thing for us.
I know where is the signet ring. I know the road to. But 8 doors must be open before. To open these 8 doors I have to press 8 buttons. I know 7 buttons only to press. One button (the missed) has to be far south ( to me). I check and check and check the walls -no button.

In the same place is one (strange) button? One may press this button from one side of the wall or from the other..
Hmmm.. maybe is the ..?
I have WT and good maps.

Anyway Your help will be highly appreciated.

one stupid yoga

Q: Where is the 8-th button to press?

Last edited by yoga; 19-04-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: my stupidity
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 20-04-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

As usual, I do not remember. But when I played that game I relied on Cluebook, downloadable from here: http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2208

Just in case you are continuing with Stone Prophet in the future, the Cluebook is here: http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2207
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 20-04-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Amigo,

I do not find the words to Thank YOU!
Definitely it is the best Clue book and maps inside for Ravenloft:Strahd

First I understand that my WT is wrong.
No 8-th button, which I checked 7 hours in vain.
Second I have to push buttons in some sequence - this is very important because I pressed chaotically..

Hurry to TY and hope to solve the problem.

grateful
yoga
Old 21-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Advise for good battle technic

First I wanna again thank for nice link.
Yes, I found the 7 buttons and all is OK in this level.
But now I meet new challenge.
I do not enter castle Ravenlof because the guards are very strong and...do not react when I send the magics hits -(Magic missile, Ice Storm and so on).
Yes, the magics are not problem for these 6-7 guards who stopped me at entrance.
Well, more details:
- The recruited members of the team Yuko-the thief and Misha-the rebird monk - cleric left the company and now my brave team is Me - Mage 8 level (16 AC) and Lil - Elf Cleric (32 AC) 9 level.
Being immuned against magics the gurds must be phisically hit. But one hit of guard is 8 AC. So my Mage is very weak against these ceatures..
Y'now the mage and cleric are not good fighters.. And I am lazy en. to start again the game with Fighter and Mage/Cleric..
Any advise?
The cituation is very critical because I have no time, no place for manoeuvre. They are around me, entrance is small area, behind me is North road..
I started now campaigh to up my AC and Lil as well, returning in Cemetary and starting massacre. But this act requires lot of time.

Ty in advance.

Old 22-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
rabadi

Uh... refresh my memory again please, why did Misha and the thief leave the party? I thought they hang around forever unless you dismiss them? Of course I can be wrong, I only played the game once and it is quite a few years already since. But anyway you should be able to find them and re-hire them. That should make your party strong enough, although I seem to remember the thief is rather weak.

Oh and if an area is too difficult, just go to another area to gather experience first. I seem to remember Ravenloft is not a linear game anyway.
Old 22-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking They are betrayers :(

Hello, dear Rabadi,
Ty for yr help.
Y ask me for more details conc. Ravenloft. OK:
- As Y know we start with 2 characters. I choose Mage and Cleric. Maybe had to take Fighter and Mage..
Well, In the very beginning we met one NPC , guarded by creature near the fire camp - Falkner or like. When I free this man, he disappeared.
- Cont: In the Cemetary or Elven underground levels we met Yuko- man thief and good fighter. He was a valuable helper but when we left the area of old church he disappeared also.?
- Misha was the pile of bones in Level 1 of Old Church and I rebird this boy. He was Cleric anyway. He disappeared also when we left Church area.
-There was another NPC before we enter the cave. After the entrance was Vladislav aka Stahd itself. I do not invite this lady NPC -she has a with ribbon on her mouth. After some time in village I invited to join us in the Inn, but she refused..
-Another NPC located at Burgmister office disappeared also..She was woman.
I dunno why all recruited new members gone after we cross some borders of new areas?!!

Acc. my training I am no novice. I cleared all the road, Cemetary .. The Church levels and area around the Church are flooded with creatures after visiting these ones again..

I decised if I meet same problem with so strong guardes after I enter the castle to start again the game with new team - Fighter and Mage..
Sadly I use the poor diskette type of game. The CD version is better.

Greetings

poor yoga
Old 23-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
rabadi

Ah yes, now I vaguely remember... yes, a few NPCs seem to be bound by area. There will be a good fighter (that physically reminds me of Raze of Underworld movies), but sadly he won't be available until near the end of the game.

I did play the floppy version, and if I recall correctly one NPC is not available. I did not have the CD version at that time. You can get the CD version in the ISO Cellar, courtesy of Ermuli: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16711. The floppy version was also buggy, I lost quite a few items stored in an empty house.

Again if I recall correctly, my original characters were a human (or was he a half-elf?) paladin and dwarf cleric/mage/thief. Well, the paladin was nice but did not advance fast enough while the cleric/mage/thief hybrid took forever. I did finish the game, but PERHAPS a fighter/mage and fighter/cleric hybrid characters would have been a better idea. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Old 26-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Forward

Hi,

I started the game again with a new team:
Fighter and Mage.
Maybe yr idea for hybrid crew member is better but I begun before yr advice.

Result:
  • Now Fighter has 56 AC, Mage – 36 AC and Doom guards are not so hard to eliminate. I prefer (still) remote eliminating using Bow and similar devices.
  • Yes, I am progressing in the Castle of Ravenloft but it is so huge and complicated.
    Up and down and I found some key, I visit the balcony and the main room with a note on the wall, written with blood: ...I need a pact with death.Wow!
  • I hope to find new member and join to my party. Possible or not? Anyway 3 or 4 members party is good one.
  • Gaming ... with pleasure..
(With respect to forum rules and no spaming):
Yes, Linux is better than Bill product Windows..
Excuse me, dear MOD.

yoga

:thumbs:
Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hello, mates.
I have pleasure to advise You that the humble lord yoga just crashed the vampire lord Ravenloft and finished this game Raveloft: Strahd's possession. Nice RPG game. Ty. lol
Ah, the forum is sleeping again now.. Wake up, amigos, wake up to celebrate the victory of yoga..
Is the second game The Stone prophet is good as Ravenloft..
And TY again dear Rabadi..
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
rabadi

Congratulation! :thumbs:

I'd say the second one (Stone Prophet) is better, but I am not sure whether it was because it actually was better or because it had much less bugs than the first one. Regardless, Ravenloft series is superb anyway. Oh, and you should import your characters when playing the second one. It will be more fun.

After that, don't forget to try Menzoberranzan afterwards, if you haven't already (Again, you'd better get the CD version from the ISO Cellar, 'cause otherwise one or two NPCs will be missing).