Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I hope DaggerXL will be more than just "alternative to dosbox". I really hope they are gonna restore missing content. From what I recall, there are stuff like disguises, deeper politics (including countries attacking each others, which would start sieges) and prostitutes that got cut.

Here's also a good alternative download place. http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN
I couldnt figure out head or tails how to get Daggerfall to work, even with clear instructions and help from someone else. This is a basic installations which install Daggerfall, ready-to-play and patched (official and fan-made). Comes with dosbox and gives shortcuts for immediate use. No hassle or editing.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
I hope DaggerXL will be more than just "alternative to dosbox". I really hope they are gonna restore missing content. From what I recall, there are stuff like disguises, deeper politics (including countries attacking each others, which would start sieges) and prostitutes that got cut.
And horse riding enemies where planned. Well first the creator wants to focus on the vanilla content recreation, but plans are that the whole game will be moddable. There's a lot of ground that's just being there, so technically one could add whole cities. And it already is more then an alternative, because it implements heightmaps so you have hills and valleys, the whole map really is connected, so you can walk from one town to the next, the visibility is brutal and I think the geographically correct textures are just about ready. I've been following this project since last June, and it is really promising. Though some disagree that it's not the original, but hey, I'm happy that someone is still caring for this game
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #13
Psicomaniaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
the only other game worth playing besides dagerfall was the old skynet and maybe some datadisk=P
Oh, so you are the other person who played this huh?

Seriously, I think Skynet was fantastic, quite ahead of its time. I bought the game when it first came out, but almost no one I know ever heard of it.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #14
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Thanks so much for the link TC, i was about to force someone to give me clear and easy instructions to installing the game cause i had no idea how to make it work, i couldn't even get the Patch to work ><

a green bat thing in he privateers hold keeps killing me. Also, is there a way so the game only appears in DosBox and not in the full window via the install that TC provided?

Also, I SEE MALE GENATALIA

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 09-05-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Also, is there a way so the game only appears in DosBox and not in the full window via the install that TC provided?
READ the fu**ing instructions on that site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
Advanced configuration
Run the game in a Window

Open the DosBox.conf file with a text editor and change fullscreen=true for fullscreen=false.

When you are playing, you can change screen mode with ALT + ENTER.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
tomimt

Personally I find the interface and movement of Daggerfall to be a bit too clunky for my taste, but ither than that it's good and pretty unique game.
tomimt is offline                         Send a private message to tomimt
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #17
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Thanks so much for the link TC, i was about to force someone to give me clear and easy instructions to installing the game cause i had no idea how to make it work, i couldn't even get the Patch to work ><

a green bat thing in he privateers hold keeps killing me. Also, is there a way so the game only appears in DosBox and not in the full window via the install that TC provided?

Also, I SEE MALE GENATALIA
That green bat thing is immune to normal weapons like iron and steel, which the game tells you "weapon ineffective". In fact a lot of enemies are. If I remember correctly, Imps need silver or better. This is one of the many reasons you should select the ebony dagger in the question about your life And you don't have to kill it, if you can't hit it, just don't go in there.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
Panthro
Man of Science

Thanks for the link to DaggerXL, looks like a good project!

One of my favourite exploits is the random loot, you can save/load and get different stuff. Worked better in Arena though, the level system in DF means you're unlikely to get top gear early on.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 09-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #19
DeadSomething

i'd like to see someone rebuild daggerfall as a mod for morrowind or oblivion.
i played daggerfall some months ago and the second enemy i faced already killed me, because somehow i couldnt use melee weapons and my mana was used up way too soon.
also the controls didnt work great.
maybe i just didnt know the controls, but thats because there isnt a manual included, so can someone please find a manual and upload it here?
DeadSomething is offline                         Send a private message to DeadSomething
Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSomething View Post
i'd like to see someone rebuild daggerfall as a mod for morrowind or oblivion.
i played daggerfall some months ago and the second enemy i faced already killed me, because somehow i couldnt use melee weapons and my mana was used up way too soon.
also the controls didnt work great.
maybe i just didnt know the controls, but thats because there isnt a manual included, so can someone please find a manual and upload it here?
Replacementdocs used to have the manual but Bethesda made them take it down. I wonder if they have changed their stance now that it is freeware?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer