Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #11
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

To get back on topic. Has anyone played the Knights of the Nine addon? I'm curious about the quality of the quest and am thinking of buying it!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 23-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #12
JJXB
Pi-voh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick @ Dec 23 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]272423[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wow,wow,wow... That's kinda outrageous. :angry:

Diablo 2 IS a game, and Oblivion not?! The contrary! Diablo 2 is the best sh*t world have ever seen! I played it only to see its add-on Lord of Destruction. Apart from that Diablo 2 is worthless (except videos - they are great indeed). And to compare Diablo and Oblivion - it's like comparing arquebuse and machine gun. Both of them are shooting, but it's obvious who is better.
[/b]
hmm... diablo 2 is a game and so is oblivion. just oblivion is worse than diablo 2 (the diablo games were far more revolutionary than oblivion) and as for it being "worthless" (in your words) that's not true if you play online with the right people. some people on battle.net are w@nkers but not all of them are and that's what makes d2 what it is: teamwork. yes it involves a lot of grinding but so does oblivion (systems may be different but you still have to repeat an action constantly to level up in both games just diablo levels more than one skill at once) yes the diablo world may get boring but when your wandering around in oblivion looking for somewhere, the odds are you are more likely to get lost and which is more frustrating? environments which are easier to get to grips with or not knowing where your going. i'd say not knowing where your going because the game map is too damn big! yes there may be more of a variety of quests and different paths in oblivion but the only replay value as far as i can see is getting lost and finding different places that you may not have seen before and getting a better bit of armor or a better weapons since there is no multiplayer. since diablo has multi player you have more than the game npc's and enemies to interact with. diablo can get boring offline but online it's good to be working with someone you know on there on a quest.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 26-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

WOW! Flame war! Yummy

Sooooo, lessee wha we have ere...

Diablo 2 is a great game. Period. What do you think, why do thousands of people play it daily around the world even nowdays? THAT must mean something ain't it? So is StarCraft. So are every last Blizzard game. You can disagree here, but the numbers speak for themselves...

Oblivion is a game too. Um... yeah. Not the best one I've seen, but it's not bad. I agree, the camera is bad. It has an outrageous PC req., and some other minor problems. Like the AI is bad. You can fight trough the Arena at level 1, and beat the hell outta anybody that comes at ya. Pretty funny. And you cannot finish some quests at higher levels, that were initially intended for low levels, because the mobs level up with you, but the helpers and NPCs don't. This can be funny when a little smelling mob can slay a knight in shining armor with in one slash with a rusty mace. VERY bad design problem. And it has crashes and bugs too.

BUT!

OBlivion can be very entertaining in small dosages. The different weapons, interesting dungeons, and the great graphics can be fun for a while. And you can ride horses I think Oblivion is not a bad game altogether, so none of you is right! JUST ME! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA! >

Oh, and one more thing. If you wanna start a flame war again, just ask me, I will flame ya to Kingdom Come like nobody's business, so you don't have to.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 26-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #14
Patrunjelu
Abandonia nerd

i never played it.but i think it's a great game.i have read many reviews and they all mentioned that i's a great game
Old 27-12-2006, 03:54 AM   #15
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

That guy who made the post with all of those bad things is a n00b spammer, can't trust him since everyone I know says it's a really good game!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 27-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #16
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I won't touch the darn thing with a 20 feet keyboard, for the sole and ridiculous reason it hasn't got that sweet magic you have in Daggerfall and, even more so, in Morrowind. I'm not impressed by Oblivion's graphics as a measurement on playability. I'm not impressed by any games' graphics as a measurement on the titles' playability. To me it seems that Oblivion is considered a great game only because of the stunning graphics. I keep hearing the same cons, the weak story being the most significant and last, just to repeat myself: No magic.
Old 30-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 27 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]272596[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I won't touch the darn thing with a 20 feet keyboard, for the sole and ridiculous reason it hasn't got that sweet magic you have in Daggerfall and, even more so, in Morrowind. I'm not impressed by Oblivion's graphics as a measurement on playability. I'm not impressed by any games' graphics as a measurement on the titles' playability. To me it seems that Oblivion is considered a great game only because of the stunning graphics. I keep hearing the same cons, the weak story being the most significant and last, just to repeat myself: No magic.
[/b]
Im quite sure there is magic in Oblivion actully. How else could the goblin wizard I fought have hurled fireballs at me? And why else would you have a mana bar? Why else would you have to refill it with mana potions? If you liked Morrowind, you won't be let down here. I played Morrowind for years, but I still prefer Oblivion.

(PC GAMER called it 'Heavenly', and they don't give good rating due to graphics. The only thing they could complain about it when two NPCs talk, it sounds a little weak. But if people are going to avoid it because of that, then they are missing out on a masterpiece.)
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22
Old 01-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #18
geledoth
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 27 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]272596[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Hey i have played oblivion for months i have a wizard, he is level 28 and i have a warrior He is level
14 i think that i know if oblivion has magic or not, i know it has magic or i would not have a level 28 wizard
otherwise. :brain:
geledoth is offline                         Send a private message to geledoth
Old 01-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #19
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I stand corrected then Someone over at the "TES Daggerfall and Morrowind" thread said it didn't have magic... Oh well, if I ever get a better machine, I might give it a go.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #20
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

For me The Elder Scrolls went donwnhill since Daggerfall. Morrowind was bad enough, but Oblivion and it's leveling system is even worse. I still wish a great playtime to all those who enjoy the game, but for those who don't, here's a nice quote :

"The Elder Scrolls: Oblivious, also known as the Second Coming of Christ, is the best TES ever, the best RPG ever, the best game ever, the best thing ever, and a divine work of art... The game is a MESOLARPS, a massive empty singleplayer offline LARP simulator. The basic premise of the game is that the players are supplied with a huge amount of nothing, which they are supposed to pretend is actually something, thus creating the ultimate Role Playing experience."

Also, Happy new year !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru