Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
bukimi
Forum hobbit

Default [RRS] Xenobots

Hello!

There are a lot of users and guests here on forum, maybe somebody will know the game I've been looking for for many years.
Hope it's a good place to post it.

Here is a short description:
The game was a battle game with robots, where most of game was from 1st person perspective (from inside of a robot).
There were 3 types of robots:
- blue humanoid robot, which was very sturdy, with average speed and average fire power.
- red scorpion-shaped robot, which was very slow, but had special abilities. He was the only one to lay power relays (build power grids) and also could launch powerful homing rocket from his tail. (after shooting it, we could see how it flies towards the target from the rocket's perspective)
- yellow super-fast robot, which was also very high. He was hard to hit, but had only little armor.

You could manage robots in a few ways:
- from inside a robot, by clicking interface buttons (each type of robot had its own interface) Some robots had their speed managed by pulling a lever, other by pressing a button...
- giving them orders from the map: "attack", "retreat", "go to", "defend", etc.

There was a home-base in a shape of a dome. Robots were repaired and their energy refilled when they were inside of a dome. If you had a robot damaged or exhausted - you had to retreat it to base in time. Enemy also had a dome-shaped base, but also defensive turrets outside. Our aim was to destroy the enemy's dome.

Red scorpion-shaped robot could lay little "turrets" which were energy relays, creating power grid in a specified direction. (he could deploy them only on place he was standing on) Longer power grid made it able to refill robots' ammo and energy outside of dome, too. You could see range of power grid on a special map. Robots on automatic orders, were retreating to the range of power grid everytime they ran out of ammo, so it was important to build it.

Damaged robots were slowly losing some of their functions and abilities - could become slower, not able to shoot specified gun, etc. When sitting in a damaged robot, you could also have interferences on "monitor", not being able to see much.

As far as I remember - you could not buy any new robots or any buildings. There was no economic aspect of a game. You had a specified set of robots given for every mission.

I remember having this game on my first PC - it was one of the first games I played. (edit: it doesn't mean that it has to be a very old game, it looked like something from early 1990s). I hope to see it one more time.

Thank you in advance for all tips you could give me.

Last edited by bukimi; 28-08-2012 at 09:53 AM.
bukimi is offline                         Send a private message to bukimi
Old 28-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Xenobots. I even bought that thing
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 29-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
bukimi
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
Xenobots. I even bought that thing
OMG! Thank you soooo much for your help!
That's exactly what I was looking for.

By the way, good idea to add this game to the database. Certainly game worth it.
bukimi is offline                         Send a private message to bukimi