Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #11
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

I must say blue_bags, your avatar is very hypnotic......
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 21-10-2005, 05:11 PM   #12
Oberon

indeed it is, that's what i call *eye catching* i barely can look somewhere else... anway BTT

i've had many great moments in the "Old days" with my c64 or atari st (pong)
anytime i play one of these gems again i get the same feeling again how it was back these days to play games like pong, Dune, Agent Island, and all those other oldies.. it's like a time machine
wich makes it possible for me to be this 10-15 years old kid again...
Oberon is offline                         Send a private message to Oberon
Old 22-10-2005, 03:36 PM   #13
skittles04

LOL yes i my self love the old days .... sitin on the old amiga c64 playing things like settlers or cannon fodder and other such games on a friday night with a half empty pizza box near me and a bottle of coke .... one of the best things bout the old computers back in them days if u did want to access the net ... even tho in them days the internet was a very very new very very primative thing u had no chance what so ever of getting a virus ... or any thing like that ... nothing like that now days there r over a billion viruses... out there waiting to strike and to protect ur pc u need to spend over 80 bucks a programe some cases up to 700 bucks for all the right gear to protect ur pc . and the majorty of the time the viruses r made by bored teenagers with nothing to do . and it would not suprise me if microsoft had a secret department that let the big viruses loose on the net so people went on a spending spree to buy more anti virus programes.... would not suprise me at all.
skittles04 is offline                         Send a private message to skittles04
Old 23-10-2005, 03:25 AM   #14
auhsor
Super Freak

I don't know how one could spent $700 on virus software. I spend approximately $0 and it does me fine. I use AVG which is good, and I've also heard Avast is good.

I also remember some of those good old days (early 90's) although I think we are just looking back with rose tinted glasses. It was good back then, but there were also not so great times we forget about. Now it isn't worse, its just diferent.
auhsor is offline                         Send a private message to auhsor
Old 23-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #15
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

My wife's first computer was a Kaypro 2. We lugged that computerized boat anchor with us as we moved several times, and only finally got rid of it when it got left off a moving van, once. Thank the gods.

My first personal computer was the first Radio Shack model, though I'd used mainframes before that. Came with a cassette drive and 48K RAM! As I recall, I eventually junked it and got an Atari 800, then switched to a PC around 1986, when I started seriously reviewing. My first review was of one of the Wizardry titles for PC Magazine. I was also doing application reviews. I remember a PC Magazine issue that was a word processor roundup: 28 separate word processors were reviewed. There were word processors designed with high end features for engineers, for researchers, and even for people who wanted to carry their entire word processing package on a single 5 1/2" floppy in 16K RAM. And they say Microsoft hasn't throttled software development!
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 23-10-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
skittles04

here here i agree what u said bout microstoft but look at it like this .... u shut down microsft u shut down the hole worlds softwear developtment ... face it microsoft is here to stay and dominate us for a long time till a bigger fish comes along and bites it in the behind
skittles04 is offline                         Send a private message to skittles04
Old 23-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #17
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Which isn't going to happen, ever.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #18
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I like Microsoft.
Sure, their latest OS's have been mostly crap, but 2000 is my buddy. I grew up with a C64, and many other old machines, but I wouldn't ever trade in any of the games available now, for those older ones, no matter how good they were.
In my opinion, those weren't really the good old days at all, I remember the keyboard on the C64 drove me into a homicidal rage, with it's non-responsive buttons, and DOS was the most horrid thing in existence.
The true "good old days" are those of 1994-1999 where Windows emerged, and hit after hit was released. To add to it, Windows was actually incredibly easy to use back then. But now, we sometimes have to trade in that simplicity in order to play the latest and greatest games.
It's a fair trade in my opinion, but having to upgrade all the time is a drag, but to make things seem fair, I can say that you had to upgrade MUCH more in the older days (Processers bumped up a bit everday it seems).

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 24-10-2005, 12:05 AM   #19
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

XP kicks 2000's arse and hands it back on a Home Edition platter!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 24-10-2005, 12:40 AM   #20
omg
Games Master

i like xp as an os its robust. just can suck for playing games that use older versions of direct x, but there is usually workarounds

need to get the hang of using dos as my boot sector and booting from that, just playin with some *recycled* machines that are sitting around at the moment.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Closed Thread