Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Wizardry VII - Crusaders Of The Dark Savant

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 19-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Cyberdemon

This game is great. I still remember to play it around 6 years ago, looking forward impatiently to reach the point where you can finally fight the Gorrors.
They're the most difficult enemies the game has to offer and you don't need to fight them. If you still decide to do so, be prepared to spend hours and hours of dying / reloading the savegame before you may kill them. And they leave really much experience and the best treasure after their death the game has to offer, though it's always random one like everywhere in the game.
Here are the most impossible of them:
The Thing from Hell (will make you all insane and is almost impossible to hit)
The Beast of 1000 eyes (you stand almost no chance against it's spell, and it can stone you or kill you, muhahaha!)
The Fiend of 9 Worlds (he'll kill your party in about 15-20 rounds even if they're really high level)
Good luck when you reach them, but they're worth it, believe me.

Old 19-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'll try it. never ply it before
Old 19-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #4
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Looks great! FreeFreddy made a really detailed and well written review here.

I only tried this shotly on one of my friends computer, I never had it myself. I look forward to play it, as I have always thought it looks great.
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 19-10-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Looks good, but I hate jumping into plot-heavy games midway through a series.

Is it worth tracking down the earlier games just for the story, or are they not that important? I know the review says it carries on from 6, but what about 1-5?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 20-10-2004, 02:31 AM   #6
Durak
Games Master

Looks great. If I find time I'll try and play it, not likely for a while until after I finish a few more essays and exams...Thanks FreeFreddy for all the hard work you did for us.
Durak is offline                         Send a private message to Durak
Old 20-10-2004, 06:50 AM   #7
Cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Oct 19 2004, 09:33 PM
Looks good, but I hate jumping into plot-heavy games midway through a series.

Is it worth tracking down the earlier games just for the story, or are they not that important? I know the review says it carries on from 6, but what about 1-5?
Wizardry 1-5 has nothing to do with Wizardry 6 and 7. These games are of their own story.
But you're right, it would be good to add Wizardry 6 - Bane of the Cosmic Forge as well, it was also good game, though the graphics in it were just EGA and therefore not that good as in Wizardry 7. But the fun is almost the same. And it's there where the story begins.

Old 20-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #8
FreeFreddy

That wasn't really a hard work... I even didn't upload the game, just wrote the review, added the original worldmap that I scanned ages ago on my old Pentium 100 and added a walkthrough I found on some internet site.
And that's the thing - I cannot remember uploading this game at all. Are you sure that not someone other uploaded it?
Btw., those Gorrors will indeed be really hard. Especially Beast of 1000 Eyes and Fiend of 9 Worlds are impossible ones. Others still can be beaten with some patience and good character levels, but these two are absolutely impossible enemies.

Old 20-10-2004, 11:20 PM   #9
Canno

:help:
Quote:
Important!! To mount the ISO image properly, use Daemon Tools from our utilities section, or some other image mounting program!
Ok... so that is the instuckions to install which might be good enough for someone who has used this kind of progran befor... the problem is... that i have not so I have no clue what to do after downloading and installing Daemon Tools...

So could somone please give a step by step type of installasion instructions?
Canno is offline                         Send a private message to Canno
Old 21-10-2004, 10:07 AM   #10
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Sure.

After you have installed Daemon Tools, you will see it has a small red icon placed in the bottom left part of your screen (together with your sound volume and MSN icon and so on).

Left-click on it, and you will see a small menu appearing.
Click on Device 0: [F:] No Media, and then browse through your folders until you find the ISO for the game. When you open the file through Daemon Tools, you will have mounted it.

Happy gaming!