Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default Double posting last several days

Recently, when I tried to make new post in old theme, I seen exactly the same problem now and again: after I am posting anything, I don't returning to theme, but receiving "error, try again to post later" - but if I'll do that, I'll have double post, as old one was posted already!

It is in Opera, as in home, as at work.

Editing old post is immune to that. Just as posting new theme. Only new post in old theme is prone to that (or maybe it's exact forum bug, I dunno).

Yes, I know that I can fill bug report form... but I have a very little trust in this reports. Can anyone send personal letter?

---edit---
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this error willingly, it seems. :| Ok, forget it then. Maybe it's time for answer or something similarly obscure... No way to tell for sure then.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 10-09-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

The same happens over here once in a while. As well as when the fast reply doesn't work and takes you to a webpage saying that some "security token" is missing, those times losing the post and its text as a consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Yes, I know that I can fill bug report form... but I have a very little trust in this reports. Can anyone send personal letter?
Sure they'll put them on top of the pile with the rest.

Where's that bug report form you say...??

Last edited by Japo; 10-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 11-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The same happens over here once in a while. As well as when the fast reply doesn't work and takes you to a webpage saying that some "security token" is missing, those times losing the post and its text as a consequence.
Oh, I quite familiar with last one. It's simple, unlike first. When you are at forum, it makes cookies renew automatically with each refresh of page or switching branches - otherwise it expires in 10-15 minutes, I think. But if you are writing post, it cannot refresh cookies from here. I think, "security token" is the direct consequence from it: site tries to push your post with "old" cookies, and fails.

...Hmm, thinking about it, double post can be simply the other side of the same coin: if I am refreshing cookies (by other activities on forum), it can be reaction of system for too late posts too!
Quote:
Sure they'll put them on top of the pile with the rest.

Where's that bug report form you say...??
Sorry for my weak humor sense. Of course, it's the same "Contact us" form that you mentioned now and again. But why are you ask that?.. *going with "sarcasm" explanation as most probable*.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 11-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

Your explanation about the security token can't be right, I'm sure it's happened many times when trying to reply seconds after opening the page.

I thought you knew that Horseman's the only one that reads the contact us stuff, surely Abovo have no time for that, if they haven't found time to solve the spam problem after half a year.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Your explanation about the security token can't be right, I'm sure it's happened many times when trying to reply seconds after opening the page.
Well, for me it's always the case after long absense/too long answer. It fixes itself with forum post, if I do something in other page (or simply refresh forum page), but totally failing otherwise.

And I just got it myself after half-day answer to Stavinz in private. No, it wasn't fixed with forum fiddling. :/ But reload page fixed it (killing post, but I was prepared.
Quote:
I thought you knew that Horseman's the only one that reads the contact us stuff, surely Abovo have no time for that, if they haven't found time to solve the spam problem after half a year.
Aha, so I was right about sarcasm. Good. Thank you.