Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #251
Zeraan

In case anyone's interested, I'm working on a game that's similar to Master of Orion. It's nearly complete in terms of gameplay mechanics, just a few screens to go before I start work on AI and multiplayer. It's called Beyond Beyaan, and can be found here:

http://beyondbeyaan.blogspot.com

I've also released a version recently for you guys to try out. My goal is to get this game published! (with professional artwork and sounds)

Old 24-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #252
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Is this game aimed at multiplayer? If yes then this game is more like STARS! than MOO. You should go have a look at the review I made of it a little while ago.
Old 27-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #253
Zeraan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Is this game aimed at multiplayer? If yes then this game is more like STARS! than MOO. You should go have a look at the review I made of it a little while ago.
It's actually aimed for single player, but I hope to add network multiplayer later on. I have heard of Stars! but never tried it. Your review don't really explain how the game plays, so I can't say if my game is similar to Stars!, so I'll have to try it and see.

Old 28-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #254
Zeraan

I tried Stars!, and it's very confusing, there's way too many buttons. The UI is not streamlined. Each item (ship or whatever) requires different minerals. The gameplay is not similar to my game, aside from being able to set waypoints in empty space for your fleet.

So I'm curious, why did you think my game is more similar to Stars! than Master of Orion?

My game don't have different minerals, just one construction output, the circle thing you see on the map is actually your empire's influence, if two influences overlap, that means you're in contact with other empire. I tried to see any similiarity between my game and Stars!, and I don't see much, aside from it being 4x space game.

Old 20-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #255
Nuggista

They just don't make 'em like this any more.

Last edited by Nuggista; 23-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Nuggista is offline                         Send a private message to Nuggista
Old 23-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #256
FatMagic
Lurker

Here is another game being developed to be like the old MOO2 4X game of the past.

http://www.desura.com/games/stardrive

Looks awesome!!
FatMagic is offline                         Send a private message to FatMagic
Old 23-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #257
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Still in Alpha and yet they charge 20$ to play. Please wake me once they're done with the game and I can't run it on my computer anymore. Every game in development do that.

At least if there was a demo to try...
Old 23-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #258
Nuggista

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic View Post
Here is another game being developed to be like the old MOO2 4X game of the past.

http://www.desura.com/games/stardrive

Looks awesome!!
Looks cool. I like the fact that indie game developers are going "back to basics". There are so many classic games out there which I would LOVE to play in a modernized version.
Old 13-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #259
Oskatat
Game freak

think of stars! as a more complex version of MoO. If you think of yourself as a tweaking and finetuning expert, stars! is definately better. If you want it more accessible, go for MoO
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 14-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #260
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, I didn't reply to the user above probably simply because I didn't see his post because STARS! is not confusing at all. I actually consider it quite a simple game for a 4X game. All you need to do is make sure you know what you are doing and there is plenty of documentation available both in game and on the net.

I actually like MoO very much (MoO II even more even with the Antarans) but it is too narrowed down to my taste. Too many restrictions in research make me take Psilons every single time. In STARS! you don't have that kind of problem, you have complete control over everything without any hassle.