Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #41
catchaserguns
Games Master

I have found a solution on the getting the pictures to work on this game. Make sure the ini. file directories are the same as the main directory. Also
when you use dosbox don't use a frontend on this game. When you start this game do it this way in dosbox

mount c c:\
Cd GW2 or whatever it appears on your HD

This worked for me.
Don't mount it like this
mount c c:\GW2

Good luck
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #42
shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Ok. For those who will encouter this problem in the future:

Don't drag the 'Home.exe' over the dosbox icon. That will mount the game containing folder as drive c. But the game's looking for C:\Gateway2.
So you have two options:

1. Mount your drive manually in dosbox. You should mount that folder as drive C: which contains the Gateway2 folder.

2. Drag the entire folder which contains the Gateway2-folder over the dosbox.exe.

And everything will run smooth...
THIS WORKS! I had Gateway 2 in a "games" folder on my C drive. I would mount C:\Games and then gateway, but couldn't save and no intro.......I took Gateway2 out of games folder and put directly into C:\ and mounted C:\Gateway2. ran perfectly. thank you

Old 18-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #43
FrustratedPlayer
Default I think I am stuck

Hello!

I am really enjoying this game (albeit sometimes with help of walkthrough) but I think I got stuck!!

I just got the field generator from the dig site on the heechee ancient homeworld, and then went to the administrative planet. I got out, the technician talked with me, but now I can't progress.

According to the walkthrough, I need to wear the badge so I can go north. But I don't have any badge!!??

And In two different walkthroughs, I can't find any references to a badge to wear either, execpt the one in mission control in part one!? But I examined that one for the code, I don't think I took it with me, or at least I don't have it anymore right now I think!

Which badge are they talking about!? I do not want to have come this far only to have to start all over from the beginning!!?

Old 18-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #44
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have no idea how to identify where you are in the game, as the related walkthroughs are ... not available that way.

Here is a written one. I used that website, and found it trustable.
And here is a "let's play" videoseries. This should be unmistakable.

EDIT: ye. Seems you only read the badge at the beginning but did not pick it up.

Last edited by twillight; 18-01-2018 at 08:17 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight