Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2004, 06:18 AM   #1
twofoot36

Default Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers [GoG]

Wow this is a great site. I found many of my old favorites and decided to take the day off from work tomorrow to dig into some of them Anyway, I really loved the first two Gabriel Knight games from Sierra and it would be awesome if you could get those. Also there was a game by Lucas called Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Adventure). Thanks for a great site.
twofoot36 is offline                         Send a private message to twofoot36
Old 24-09-2004, 09:42 AM   #2
Data
retired

http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?genre=&ID=152
Old 24-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #3
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Gabriel Knight 2 is 6CD's large and therefore far too big to upload on abandonia. Gabriel Knight 1 might be uploaded in the future but as of now I know of no-one preparing to do so.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 24-09-2004, 05:21 PM   #4
twofoot36

Whoops, cant believe I missed that. Now I feel dumb I must have skipped in in a rush to get Jones In The Fast Lane. Thank you for the responses.
twofoot36 is offline                         Send a private message to twofoot36
Old 24-09-2004, 07:52 PM   #5
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by twofoot36@Sep 24 2004, 04:21 PM
Whoops, cant believe I missed that. Now I feel dumb I must have skipped in in a rush to get Jones In The Fast Lane. Thank you for the responses.
Hey, we all do mistakes, if we didn't, what where we to talk about in the forum? :blink:
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 24-09-2004, 07:58 PM   #6
aaberg
Game Wizzard

If you like Indiana Jones, And The Fate Of Atlantis, there is a review on abandonia, but no download (Don't ask me why). If you wan't to play it anyway, it can be downloaded on the Classic Gaming Archive. k:

As you might guess, by the look of my avatar, I love that game! B)
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 29-09-2004, 05:55 PM   #7
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

I have found a site with Gabriel Knight 1 and the CD (talkie) version of Fate of Atlantis.

I'm not sure if they're legally abandonware though, so what's the forum's policy on linking to non-AW software? I won't give the link unless I'm allowed to.

EDIT: Damn, Gabriel's in Spanish. I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a language option, or does it just come in different one-language versions?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 29-09-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Sep 24 2004, 09:43 AM
Gabriel Knight 2 is 6CD's large and therefore far too big to upload on abandonia. Gabriel Knight 1 might be uploaded in the future but as of now I know of no-one preparing to do so.
I thought Gabriel knight 1 was 9 cd`s...

So also no option for this site..
Old 01-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #9
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Well, I've found GK1 three times in French, twice in German, once in Spanish, and... in English! I thought it was broken at first, but it turned out the archives weren't extracting properly. WinRAR did the job right though.

So hey, I have it, if anyone wants it.

EDIT: They have GK3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned in a second hand games shop for ?3.99. Worth getting?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 05-10-2004, 06:52 PM   #10
Jumjalum
Forum hobbit

GK1 was only on one CD, there's also a floppy version of it thats about 15MB or so. It would be perfect for this site, since its the best of the Sierra adventures imo.

GK3 was a mixed bag for me - the story just wasn't as interesting until the very end and the interface wasn't much fun. It feels like a diluted version of GK1 without the voodoo coolness. The vampire stuff was cool, but there was so little of it the game felt more like a geography field trip than an exciting adventure in the paranormal. The plot, puzzles, humour, atmosphere, music and voices were not as good as the original. For ?3.99 its probably worth it if you're a GK fan though, lots of people love this game but personally it was disappointing.

GK1>GK2>GK3

btw I have the graphic novel that came with the game in pdf format if anyone wants a look, it's a great scene-setter for the game (another thing that the sequels didn't have). Hmm.. on further inspection its seems GK3 did come with a graphic novel, dont remember one for GK2 but I wouldn't count on my memory.
Jumjalum is offline                         Send a private message to Jumjalum