Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
skittles04

i remember back in the day (durin the 80's) wen games used to be plaed by big slow bulcky things such as the amiga commder 64 i mean these things u could beat the crap out of and they would still work find .... i now in 2005 have a p256 soon to be unpgrading to a p4 . i rembmer playing games such a settlers and populs on the amgia wen it was the "in thing" browsing this site and many others like it i noticed that alot of old skool amgia games r being converted to run on the pc ... if any one knows of some good old games that i can play that i aint herd of or finnished yet pls let me know i wish to relive the good ol days long as i possibly can .... oh and btw dose any one know what version i got to upgrade my C&C 95 edition to so i can play the skirmish mode..... it blows not being able to play the skirmish mode.... :Titan:
skittles04 is offline                         Send a private message to skittles04
Old 19-10-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Bluntman
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Bluntman

Quote:
Originally posted by skittles04@Oct 19 2005, 07:22 AM
if any one knows of some good old games that i can play that i aint herd of or finnished yet pls let me know i wish to relive the good ol days long as i possibly can...
That's why most of us are here...

What are your favorite genres?
Bluntman is offline                         Send a private message to Bluntman
Old 19-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by skittles04@Oct 19 2005, 08:22 AM
btw dose any one know what version i got to upgrade my C&C 95 edition to so i can play the skirmish mode.....
As far as I know, there is no skirmish mode availble in C&C, so it can't be unlocked or added... But I'm not entirly sure on this one
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 19-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
omg
Games Master

there are some good non virus infected rom sites out there but they are hard to find under the pile of poo that wil invariabley pop up if you search on google. i know a couple that i use but we are not allowed to post rom links. (besides the esa would probably click on em) however if you want a good c64 emulator i recomend v.i.c.e however if you are a fan of the far supirior speccy then it has to be valadimir kladovs emu z or if you have money in your pocketspectaculator you do get 30 days for free though. on the amiga side theres a whole load of versions of win uae here i found this one tricky to set up though, and as i only wanted to play moonstone i couldent be bothered with it. good luck on reliving the classics man.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 19-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #5
gorkur
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Oct 19 2005, 01:02 PM
however if you want a good c64 emulator i recomend v.i.c.e
Yeah.. The C64 rules

Quote:
however if you are a fan of the far supirior speccy...
Say whaaat??

NEVER :Titan:

But still a fun computer. www.worldofspectrum.org is the best source for speccy use btw

All legal, of course
gorkur is offline                         Send a private message to gorkur
Old 19-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #6
omg
Games Master

world of spectrum rocks and is a good all rounder. it needs maintanace though. lots of broken links.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 20-10-2005, 05:49 AM   #7
skittles04

thank you all for your help ... to answer some of the questions asked of me my fav kinda games i like to play r ither stratergy games where u build ur base build ur army smash the enemy while at the same time defending ur own base from attacks i also enjoy rpg games like d&d and platforms like revanent .... most of the games i have downloaded from here r good but not the best games i have played i think a good game that should be added to this site is alpha centrui and its expansion pack .... altho boring and for some one like my self who is used to fast pased real time games it can be enjoyable for those that enjoy slow games with a small amount of poitics in it ... any way yes if any one can mention some good games for download in the stratergy side of things that r challanging for me. btw i think its time that abanonina took cruisader no remores and no regreat down and put it back up for free down load ... i have asked round all my local computer games shops and they all say both games have been disconitnued ... i have both games for ps1 but would love to be able to relive them on pc .... also too if i may .... i would like to see c&c red alert and its expansion pack up on this site for download along with c&c's expansion pack as both games r no longer sold on the market we should be able to down load them with out the esa shuting this site down .... im thinking of possibly startin my own site and letting ppl that join the site submit their own games for other to download ... i beleave in free trade ... and bartering .. e.g if i say was to put ra2 up on the site and some onewanted it they would tell me a list of games they had and if they had one i wanted will we would trade i think that would be ok considering that these multi nationl coprations would make in one hour what they loose in a second ... well thats all from me my post is getin long enough as it is and im just rambling on now ( has smoked to much pot) so yea once again thnx for the posts
skittles04 is offline                         Send a private message to skittles04
Old 20-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
i think a good game that should be added to this site is alpha centrui and its expansion pack
Protected. No way.
Quote:
btw i think its time that abanonina took cruisader no remores and no regreat down and put it back up for free down load
ESA. No way.
Quote:
... i have asked round all my local computer games shops and they all say both games have been disconitnued ...
This doesn't mean we can have them here, there is also something like copyright protection, and we would like to respect this. If we obtain permissions again from the copyright owners, these games might reappear. Otherwise, they'll hire some really nasty people (also known as lawyers) to shut down the site as a whole and then sue us all to hell and back - a couple of times, actually. Don't you think it's better to not have a few games then not have the whole site?
Quote:
i would like to see c&c red alert and its expansion pack up on this site for download along with c&c's expansion pack as both games r no longer sold on the market we should be able to down load them with out the esa shuting this site down ....
Good joke. These games are still protected, and some time ago ESA was sending shutdown threats to HOTU for hosting a game from 1986, that is definitely not sold for waaay over a decade. Being not sold has nothing to do with the copyright protection.
Quote:
im thinking of possibly startin my own site and letting ppl that join the site submit their own games for other to download ... i beleave in free trade ... and bartering .. e.g if i say was to put ra2 up on the site and some onewanted it they would tell me a list of games they had and if they had one i wanted will we would trade i think that would be ok considering that these multi nationl coprations would make in one hour what they loose in a second ...
You know, I really think you ought to go check the difference between warez and abandonware. Such a site would get shut down pronto, and a lot of angry ESA-members would then come for your head.
Corporations love to bitch about every cent they lose to piracy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-10-2005, 02:27 AM   #9
skittles04

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Oct 20 2005, 01:24 PM
Quote:
i think a good game that should be added to this site is alpha centrui and its expansion pack
Protected. No way.
Quote:
btw i think its time that abanonina took cruisader no remores and no regreat down and put it back up for free down load
ESA. No way.
Quote:
... i have asked round all my local computer games shops and they all say both games have been disconitnued ...
This doesn't mean we can have them here, there is also something like copyright protection, and we would like to respect this. If we obtain permissions again from the copyright owners, these games might reappear. Otherwise, they'll hire some really nasty people (also known as lawyers) to shut down the site as a whole and then sue us all to hell and back - a couple of times, actually. Don't you think it's better to not have a few games then not have the whole site?
Quote:
i would like to see c&c red alert and its expansion pack up on this site for download along with c&c's expansion pack as both games r no longer sold on the market we should be able to down load them with out the esa shuting this site down ....
Good joke. These games are still protected, and some time ago ESA was sending shutdown threats to HOTU for hosting a game from 1986, that is definitely not sold for waaay over a decade. Being not sold has nothing to do with the copyright protection.
Quote:
im thinking of possibly startin my own site and letting ppl that join the site submit their own games for other to download ... i beleave in free trade ... and bartering .. e.g if i say was to put ra2 up on the site and some onewanted it they would tell me a list of games they had and if they had one i wanted will we would trade i think that would be ok considering that these multi nationl coprations would make in one hour what they loose in a second ...
You know, I really think you ought to go check the difference between warez and abandonware. Such a site would get shut down pronto, and a lot of angry ESA-members would then come for your head.
Corporations love to bitch about every cent they lose to piracy.
well i relise that not not to mention at the time i was writing the post i was stoned so all rationl thought had gone out the window. LOL so i shall do the honorable thing and retact my last statment... LOL i would rather have abanonia and its fellow sites than have no free games to download ... considering the fact im only just keeping my head above the poverty line ..i dont have the money to go and buy new games .... so sites like abanonina r heavens for ppl like me self.
Old 21-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
Blue_bags

Send a message via AIM to Blue_bags Send a message via MSN to Blue_bags Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_bags

k: this site is the best.....I love finding games that I can't ever find anymore...but remember losing like crap too when I was a kid and now being able to master them......free is pretty cool too......I wuz just comin around to find more stuff about syndicate .... but after seeing all these old stuffs.....its getting addicting to play for free. It sucks playing games meant for consoles on computers though.......tried guerilla war....I remember that wuz on the old 8-bit nes....it looks bad.....and controls even worse with the num pad. oh well...good attempt.....gotta love the old skool
Blue_bags is offline                         Send a private message to Blue_bags
Closed Thread