Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Default PGA Tour Golf

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 23-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #2

Can somebody tell me how I can tell how far the ball will fly if I hit it 100%? What I mean is, I don't know what percentage to hit the ball because I don't know how far 100% will be.... Makes it hard to play.

Old 23-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]296001[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Can somebody tell me how I can tell how far the ball will fly if I hit it 100%? What I mean is, I don't know what percentage to hit the ball because I don't know how far 100% will be.... Makes it hard to play.
[/b]
Haven't played this in years but I think the club selection screen advises the distance for each club. This differs from the EA / TW franchise where you set the distance, (in inches), prior to the strike, then use a straight edge for the shot, hit an eagle on every hole, (sometimes just a birdie at par 3's), then move on to the next tourney, yawn, yawn.

Old 25-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23 2007, 10:30 PM) [snapback]296005[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]296001[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Haven't played this in years but I think the club selection screen advises the distance for each club. This differs from the EA / TW franchise where you set the distance, (in inches), prior to the strike, then use a straight edge for the shot, hit an eagle on every hole, (sometimes just a birdie at par 3's), then move on to the next tourney, yawn, yawn.
[/b][/quote]

The 100% distance for the selected club is on the left hand side of the blue power bar.

i.e. Driver always displays 260 off the tee

hope this helps.

Happy birdieing.

Old 25-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Graeme Kneeshaw
Lurker

Could anyone tell me how to measure the distance from where your ball lies, to a certain point. I.E. to a certain part of the fairway or to the edge of the green. Thanks
Graeme Kneeshaw is offline                         Send a private message to Graeme Kneeshaw
Old 16-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Addison
Abandonia nerd

I absolutely love this game, it's a shame that there is almost no attention given to it.

Anyway, from the review:
Quote:
Enjoy this great looking and sounding golf game
I'm getting great music, but the sound effects are worse than PC speaker (kind of sounds like the game Pong only more horrible) even though I have Soundblaster enabled while running in Dosbox.

Is there really good sound effects or was the reviewer just full of it?

If so, what's the trick to getting better sound effects?

Thanks!
Addison is offline                         Send a private message to Addison
Old 17-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
choice_surfie
Lurker

Default Extra Courses

I just got this game again after about 15 years+ and i just found out that there is an 'expansion' where you can get an extra 3 courses. Its the Pga tour golf:Tournament Course Disk, i was just asking if anyone knew where i could download it from???
I only just found out cheats for it as well, hold F7 & F8 while the computer player takes a shot and he'll only chip or punch his shot. HAHA!!!
choice_surfie is offline                         Send a private message to choice_surfie
Old 21-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
MrSunfish

I also just rediscovered this after not playing any computer game for ahrm... ages :-8.
The number to the left of the hitting bar gives you the distance you will achieve if you hit 100%. It seems to take into account the lie of the ball (teed-up vs. heavy rough etc.), but not the wind (as you might expect).
For chips and sand bunker shots it seems that the ball will go a lot further than the number indicates.

I also get the impression that your directional accuracy suffers if you trigger at above 100%, since obviously there must be a penalty for the player not being accurate. The hitting bar going back down, it seems you are able to slice the ball if you end to the left of the 0% mark and to (sidespin) draw if you end to the right. Especially the draw might be rather drastic.
I do not have the slightest idea what the same means when you putt. I'd appreciate if sombody could help me out here.

P.S.: on my dosbox, the sound comes out perfectly!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
seanex

I downloaded this after having PGA Tour Golf 2 on my Mega Drive. It's a really good 5 minute filler game that you can just load up and play when you have a bit of timee to kill. A bit like some people might do with Patience (Solitaire) or Minesweeper on their PC.
Having the sound is a plus because the little tune before holes are so neat.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
ben g
Default Yardage Information

At the beggining of the game it asks you to fill out the yardage for the holes. is there a way around this? If not can someone send me the yardage codes for the games!?