Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

You just did a google for a game, even browsed the contents of all major gaming sites, including Abandonia.com and find out that you have a game, which is still unknown to many. :whistle:

Now, would you be kind enough to name that game in this thread. :angel:
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 12-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
TwoHedWlf

Send a message via AIM to TwoHedWlf Send a message via MSN to TwoHedWlf

I don't think I have any particularly obscure ones. Possibly X2:the threat is the most. Bought the last one available in the country about 9 months ago, still haven't played it because I need to upgrade my puter.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

hmmm. probably Battle Isle: The Andosia War, Dogs of War, Swiv 3D or Rollcage 1 and 2 would be mine, but I'd say none of them were very obscure.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-04-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
Kevin_AU

Psychotron was one of those FMV games that were popular a few years ago. Never heard it mentioned anywhere.
Dragon Lore was a Myst type game where you completed puzzles etc, trying to gain favour from a council. With enough popularity you'd gain knighthood or something like that.
Kevin_AU is offline                         Send a private message to Kevin_AU
Old 12-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

The most obscure game I can remember playing was called Downunder Dan. It was shareware and not the most rivetting, for me, anyway. I sort of recall this sterotypical Aussie bloke, piloting a little plane that of course has engine failure and he parachutes to safety.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 12-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Flop
Hero Gamer

I'd have to say that the most obscure game I own, is probably Spaceward Ho!, which also happens to be the worst game I've ever paid full price for. I still get angry when I think about it, although it's about 10 years ago.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

I've got some original Merit Studios/Software games. They all suck, and most of them are quite unknown.

Operation Combat, a simple, uninspiring strategy game.

The Machines, a rather lame top-down shooter. A bit like Alien Breed or Threat, but worse.

Isle of the Dead, the worst first-person shooter ever made. Fortunately there are no screenshots or downloads anywhere as far as I can see, but MobyGames has some box shots and they include some hideous screenies.

Frankenstein, a dull platformer.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

wendymaree: You are absolutely right about "The Adventures of Downunder Don" and I agree that its one of the most underated and obscure title to many and also to me, until I recently hunted it down. It is from Guildsoft Limited, which is an Australian software house. Do you know that they also released another obscure title called The Adventures of Busy Billy?

Kevin_AU: Psychotron is realy hard to find game, but not obscure. I already reviewed it HERE. :angel:

Timpsi: If a game is at HotU then its not obscure. And I have a box of Isle of the Dead(I wasn't in my senses when I picked it from a bargain bin). However, that Frankenstein(platformer) seems like a real underdog - if you have it, can you provide some more details? k:

X2:the threat is obscure (adding it now in my games_to_hunt.txt file) k:
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 12-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Beerworm - A worm game where you should eat (or drink!!) beer. Pretty obscure!
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #10
Zarkumo
Game freak

I Was An Atomic Mutant is probably the most obscure game I own. And it's fun.

You can choose between four different characters (She-Beast, The Brain from Beyond Infinity, The Invader from Dimension X, can't remember the fourth name, it's a godzilla kind of guy) and then wreak havoc in American cities in a b-movie kind of way.
Zarkumo is offline                         Send a private message to Zarkumo