Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
dark angel

Unhappy

Most of the times I've drawn manga...but since i dnt have a scanner *doh* - i decided to have a go at drawing manga on the compy using the "paint" and making it a bit more appealing with "Jasc Software" programs....

What do you guys think?

And This one...

==> I disabled the signature for thi post: please note THIS topic ... and follow the rules. thanxxx

BTW: nice pics!

swiss
dark angel is offline                         Send a private message to dark angel
Old 25-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
Himmler
Trollmaster General

i think your signatures are too big and don't comply with the rules
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 25-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

The pics are nice
You have just to spend some time more in them and you'll get great results!
Old 25-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
Himmler
Trollmaster General

a good thing to start with is anatomy ...then you'll find new solutions to poses and make your own manga without having to copy someone
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 26-07-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
guesst
Abandonia Homie

First off I want to encourage you to keep on drawing. I say that because I don't want to come off as critisizing straight off. I don't know what your art looks like when you ahve pen and paper available, but these pictures are is a style I like to call "Fanime style." It's sort of got the idea but without the understanding.

Remember that you are drawing masses, not shapes, that lines define a 3d shape. The eye's are 3d, the face curves a certian way.

Like Himler says, a good idea is to study anotomy. Draw real people. Notice how the nose goes to the cheeks, goes to the lips to the chin. Make note of where the arm bulges and dips, where the skin is just a thin membrane over the bone at the knuckles and elbows. The body is not simple shapes jointed together helter-skelter. Good manga artists realize this.

The other thing I recomend is don't rush. If you take less than an hour to do your drawing you're taking too long. A good manga artist will take 40-50 minutes on the sketch before (s)he commits the lines to ink, and then another 30+ minutes on being sure the inking is carefully done. I know that's not the medum you're using, but the idea is the same. Take your time. Look critically at what you're doing and if it doesn't look right erase and do it again and again until it looks okay.

I know what of I speak. I haven't posted my art here, but trust me. You've got potential. Keep going and show us what you can do!
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst