Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-10-2004, 01:49 PM   #31
scorch3000

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous@Jul 16 2004, 05:54 PM
savegame doesn't work ... sound either ... y ?
I think you need to create a director called save to save your games.
scorch3000 is offline                         Send a private message to scorch3000
Old 27-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #32
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

Hmm...actually I don't use dosbox to play Syndicate...I just double click on it, or run with VDMS. I probably should, seeing as I don't get any sound running it in this way! Don't have any save problems though....

Also, there seems to be a crash bug - the game sometimes immediately exits to Windows(XP) when 1 or more timebombs blow up on screen - which is a bit annoying (it first happened on the mission set in India, when you get rushed at the start of the mission by lots of enemies equiped with minguns and timebombs. Also, the timebombs blow up if you shoot them!
Old 28-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #33
Morrin
Underground

I own real copy of syndicate plus

Such a scary game it used to be... oh boy!
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 28-10-2004, 01:02 PM   #34
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

:blink: :blink:

YES!!!!

Any chance you can figure out which files are the animations? The guns, the skeleton and so on?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #35
Guest_Athcnv

Hmm....actually I can't get sound no matter if I use XP with VDMS, XP without VDMS, or Dosbox. Ah well....doesn't appear to be too critical a problem.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:48 PM   #36
Milos
Abandonia nerd

My syndicate has no sound and crashes to desktop ocassonaly.
Is there any way to solve these problems.
Milos is offline                         Send a private message to Milos
Old 07-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #37
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_Athcnv@Nov 6 2004, 10:33 PM
Hmm....actually I can't get sound no matter if I use XP with VDMS, XP without VDMS, or Dosbox. Ah well....doesn't appear to be too critical a problem.
Oops...didn't log in that time.

Double oops....this sound question was answered in a previous post....to get sound, somebody suggested that you had to enter a file and manually change the soundcard settings, since the game doesn't have a sound setup program. But I can't really be bothered....yet.

I found that sometimes I get booted out of the game back into Windows XP when a time bomb goes off on screen. Usually, I either try to not have the explosion on screen (ie.: be looking at some other area of the map), or to restart the computer (I think the program seems to have a limit to the number of explosions it will allow before booting you out, and restarting the computer resets this. Restarting the program without restarting the computer DOESN'T do this).

(I'm just guessing....but this seems to be what is happening on my computer)

Also, has anyone else figured out how the drugs work?
On the agent status panel in the top left, below the picture of the agent is are 3 bars with a white line in the middle - left click or drag to the left or right of the line moves it and doses the agent(s) with a drug).

I know that the red one speeds up your agents (if you move it to the right). The white line will gradually move rightwards as the agent's tolerance to the drug increases - eventually, the drug will have no effect if left on forever). Simply move the slider all the way to the left until the white line is back in the middle.

BUT does anyone know what the blue and yellow drugs do? I know that one of them boosts accuracy (cos in one mission, you have to kill someone on a rooftop-that rooftop has no direct access, and the only way to kill her is to go up on a nearby rooftop and shoot her with a long range rifle. Well, after 10 shots, despite having a red (in range) targeting reticle (i.e.: not a white one), she was still alive, so I decided to put all the drugs to maximum - and killed her with the next shot.

Also, I think this explains why enemy agents suddenly go fast and psycho only AFTER they've been intially shot by you.

BTW I don't like the LR rifle - too weedy and slow rate of fire. Syndicate Wars had a much better one - It fired 1 really powerful slug to a long range - only problem was it often depleted ALL your weapon power in 1 or 2 shots, although 1-4 shots was normally enough to kill and agent.

Er....does anyone know how many shots with LR rifle are needed to kill an agent? Also, does using the accuracy drug make shots more lethal? Or just more likely to hit?
Old 22-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #38
wouter

Woohoo! I finally found Syndicate, like all of you guys did ages ago probably

My favourite weapon: without doubt the ever-powerfull PERSUADERTRON moehahaha

Actually, with like brain version 2 of something, you can just easily complete every level just persuading some cops then waiting in a corner for enemy agents... So every now and then i just go playing violently for a change LOL :w00t:

Old 22-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #39
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I uploaded original manual and SB16 optimized version of Syndicate long time ago. Hope they will upload them on the web site.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 24-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #40
mhollins

I also have no sound in syndicate, and would really like to play this game with sound! Somebody please help! I've tried everything so far suggested in this thread and nothing works!

mhollins is offline                         Send a private message to mhollins