Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #51
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Thanks, but my name is not Saccade.

@ Woman-part. And 69.
Old 23-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #52
aarne
Lucifer

There are alot more numbers in kamasutra you know
and 69 means cancer astronomical sign
<T-Wolf> ya, why man?
<RdAwG20> lol, just wondering, was her namne alisson?
<T-Wolf> you mother f*cker
aarne is offline                         Send a private message to aarne
Old 23-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #53
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Oh God, of course we didn't know that!

Teach us how to be an adult, Aarne. Please! I beg of you! Feed us with your epic knowledge! We don't know half of it!

... >_>
Old 23-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #54
ComboTroop
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrybKeeper View Post
Yes Saccade, if you have 3DsMAX(version4 and up I think). You can modify body parts and use the Elder Scrolls Construction Set(FREE), to install the files. A zombie would take you some time to create, but the Const. Sets data base can still be used to modify a race, such as race name, attributes, stature, features, etc. The Dwarf was easy stuff. However, Bethesda has a mod called Better Bodies Mod. Simply install and tick the application on. It shows some fairly graphic details to the NPC's in game. Rated X.

Please don't think I am a pervert, but The first woman I saw, I slit her throat and stripped her naked.
__________________________________________________ _____

I installed Oblivion on my HP Pavillion dv6 and also on my dv7. It plays best on the dv7- with a better graphics proc(256mb ATI Radeon 3200).

So far, I like the game quite alot. The key here I think, is to not try and compare Oblivion to Morrowind and it comes off as quite breathtaking- even on a 17 inch laptop, it looks nice.

I am out of the sewers and well on my way to Kvatch to the south, after a quick visit to Chorrol... wouldn't want to spoil it past that info, but needless to say, I am very much absorbed by Oblivion at the moment.
__________________________________________________ _____

I have 69 posts! Okay,...so I am a pervert after all.
I completed the Storyline on Obilivon on PC, i was an Argonian or something spelled similar, i got some wicked armor and weapons! I was like... OWNAGE

Got some Daedric armor and weapons, i been toying around with some mods lately, and i done all the Dark BrotherHood Missions aswell, they take some time to complete The game is really good, IF You put some time into it, and find the right mods to get more than its worth out of the game!
Btw, don't become a Vampire, its really crap, and it took me ages just to get a cure, i spent like up to 4 to 8 hours spread over 3 days just to find the stuff just to get cured of Vampirism! However if you get biten, i think its in the first 3 days, you can reverse it with a cure disease potion i think or something that has the propeties to cure disease, if not, then you have to do a long quest to get cured! Unless you want to be a Vampire in the game, but Vampirism didn't suit the Argonian, its eyes are normally like lizards, and when i became a vampire it looked too human and freaky! But i did many things in the game and acommisphied loads!

Btw the game is a bit racist to Argonians! Listen to what others say to you when playing as one, or a fight occurs between a Argonian or other Humanoid creature, some lines include "I going to make a pair of boots out of you Argonian" well i can't remember the rest, but the game does have lots of racism throw to Argonians in Combat, as some enemies use certian phases that are racist to Argonians... However it is a good game i spent loads of time into as it is!
ComboTroop is offline                         Send a private message to ComboTroop
Old 23-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #55
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I like being a vampire, but then again I have a mod that doesn't make me look like an ugly vampire unless I go too long without blood, so my character looks normal unless crouching. Then all you have to do is drink blood once every one or two days. Guild houses are a good place to find easy targets. You get nice bonuses as a vampire. I know there are mods that give you hoods and stuff that protect you from sunlight, but I haven't messed with those yet. I probably use 80 or more mods in the game. I've seen a lot more interesting ones the other day, I might have to go through and update my mods and find new ones. Like one mod that's supposed to open up all cities so that they're a part of the game world and not separated by load screens.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 24-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #56
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComboTroop View Post
Btw the game is a bit racist to Argonians! Listen to what others say to you when playing as one, or a fight occurs between a Argonian or other Humanoid creature, some lines include "I going to make a pair of boots out of you Argonian" well i can't remember the rest, but the game does have lots of racism throw to Argonians in Combat, as some enemies use certian phases that are racist to Argonians... However it is a good game i spent loads of time into as it is!
I didn't play Oblivion, but the racism against argonians is intentional: the bestial races are distrusted and discriminated by the other races in Tamriel. The Dunmer, for example, use to invade Black Marsh to capture argonians to enslave. The other favorite race of slaves for the Dark Elves are the Khajiit. If you play Morrowind, you will see that most of the slaves are from this two races, and even the free ones are bad treated by the natives.
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 24-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #57
ComboTroop
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Quia View Post
I didn't play Oblivion, but the racism against argonians is intentional: the bestial races are distrusted and discriminated by the other races in Tamriel. The Dunmer, for example, use to invade Black Marsh to capture argonians to enslave. The other favorite race of slaves for the Dark Elves are the Khajiit. If you play Morrowind, you will see that most of the slaves are from this two races, and even the free ones are bad treated by the natives.
Yeah, when doing the Gladiator thing in Obivilon which i completed and kicked the grand champion's ass! You have to face 3 Argonians, you have to kill them to win and survive, as these Argonians, have been told that if they defeat you in a fight to the death, then they get their freedom, I was a Argonian aswell whilst playing, and this was 2 or 3 fights away from the Champion or Grand Champion i can't remember, however, these Argonian slaves came from the Black Marsh, as i listened to the dude who blahhers on at the start, going "May you fight to blahblahblah etc." But it was obivious that the Arena paid for some slaves fighting for freedom "entertainment" (The Romans did this, and paid the gladiators etc.) and the worst thing was the Slaves were unarmed, so it was a bit unfair for them, as i had the armor and weapons and that on, so yeah...
ComboTroop is offline                         Send a private message to ComboTroop
Old 24-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #58
Skyfly
Abandonia nerd

_r.u.s.s. mentioned Wasteland, and some might chalk it up to nostalgia, but I think it's something to consider.

With the older games, like Wasteland, you weren't overwhelmed by OPENNESS, the grand views and limitless potential. Oblivion is a huge mansion, but it feels somewhat empty... Wasteland is a cozy cottage and you feel at home.

With Wasteland, some might pooh-pooh the limitations, but, as a good book, it is up to the player to flex his/her imagination.

With Oblivion, with the grandness, we expect more grandness. We expect a lively world with limitless potential, yet we soon experience the blandness. Our senses, eyes and ears, tell us we're in a vast realm, but our interactions don't match up with the grandeur, there is an imbalance... That could be remedied, in one fashion, by including a chatty companion to break the monotony. Baldur's Gate II nailed that aspect.

At least in Fallout 3, we're traipsing around a desolate waste, so we shouldn't expect to find much hustle and bustle. In Oblivion, the world is teeming with life, but it doesn't really feel like it as we play.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was similarly wide open and it had something to add spice to the recipe, a variety of cutscenes. These helped to give the world something to which we could relate, they helped create drama, I guess you'd call it. They're snippets, representative of what is actually going on around us in the homes and businesses, something we didn't have in Oblivion.

Last edited by Skyfly; 24-06-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Skyfly is offline                         Send a private message to Skyfly
Old 26-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #59
virumor

Magic is most powerful in Oblivion. With an Altmer mage one can eventually one-shot everything whilst with a warrior or archer it's just tedious mowing down the high level enemies.
virumor is offline                         Send a private message to virumor
Old 29-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #60
ComboTroop
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by virumor View Post
Magic is most powerful in Oblivion. With an Altmer mage one can eventually one-shot everything whilst with a warrior or archer it's just tedious mowing down the high level enemies.
Magic is for losers! Unless they are enchanted Swords or melee weapons, yeah... This Daedric 2-handed sword, got it, and swung it at something, and it would go FLYING! And it would be a one-hit dead with flame damage!