Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > General compatibility fixes
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #41
Japo
Autonomous human

See first question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Q: My mouse doesn't work in DOSBox, or it doesn't work outside of DOSBox.
Q: I want to play in full screen, why is the game inside such a small window when using DOSBox?
Q: The game is too fast or slow in DOSBox.
Q: How can I capture screenshots or video from DOSBox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
  • Ctrl+F10 Switch mouse control between Windows and DOSBox.
  • Alt+Enter Toggle between fullscreen and windowed.
  • Ctrl+F11 / Ctrl+F12 Reduce / increase the game speed, if it's too fast or too slow.
  • Ctrl+F5 Capture a screenshot ...
  • Ctrl+Alt+F5 Capture a video clip ...
Old 20-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #42
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPoo View Post
Worked like a charm, thank you!
One more question for you if you don't mind! It all works perfectly, but when I try and bring my mouse back out to my actual computer screen rather than windows 3 in dos, it disappears. Is there a way to prevent that?
No way to prevent it in the way you want, but all you need to do is press CTRL + F10 to unlock the cursor or just ALT+TAB to another application.
Quote:
It also disappears when I close out of windows 3 and goes back to the dos box screen.
That's normal. The command line interface won't display the cursor as it has no sue for it. If you used Norton Commander you'd find it still there.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #43
PinkyPoo

Ah, thank you both!
PinkyPoo is offline                         Send a private message to PinkyPoo
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #44
Auridon

Okay, I need some definite help on this whole thing.

I downloaded dosbox .74 and it went into

C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74

Now, I have read through every post on this thread, and still can't seem to figure it out. ( I am new to dosbox, except i had it once to play treasure mountain, but it was much simpler)

Anyways, I read somewhere that dosbox needs to be on c: Mine is currently saying Z: before everything.

Can you please help me on exactly what i need to do to get 3.x installed. I am worried because of what the main post said

"All you have to do is unpack the thing to the location you mount as DOSBox' virtual C drive, unless that location is the root of your system drive. You don't want to overwrite your copy of Windows, trust me on that."

I am not sure what he means by that, I am not sure what a virtual c drive is, and how do i know if the location is the root of my system. please help!!!
Auridon is offline                         Send a private message to Auridon
Old 24-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This package is targeted towards users with at least basic experience running and configuring DOSBox without frontends.
The beginner's guide should get you up to speed and answers all of the specific questions you asked.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #46
ultimate11

Question 5th, what build of DosBox (Either vanilla or an enhanced build, like Ykhwong's build) are you using?
ultimate11 is offline                         Send a private message to ultimate11
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #47
Edro

Smile

Hi, I've downloaded and managed to run Win 3.1 through DosBox like it says in the first post. But when I try to run Zombie Wars I get an error message saying "Invalid Path The working directory is invalid".

What should I do?
Edro is offline                         Send a private message to Edro
Old 14-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #48
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Ultimate11: Vanilla.

Edro: The shortcut was left in by accident, the actual game is not in the pack (which is why it doesn't start). The game can be downloaded from Abandonia separately.

-- Reed Richards
Old 19-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #49
Edro

How can I run the game using Windows 3.11 if it's not in the pack? I download it and what do I have to do next?
Edro is offline                         Send a private message to Edro
Old 20-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #50
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Unpack the game to somewhere within the directory you're mounting as DOSBox's C drive.
The File Manager (Windows 3.11's version of Explorer) can be found in Main -> File Manager . Use it to navigate to the game's location and run Zwars.exe.

It's possible to update the shortcut (click it once, then File -> Properties) to make it run the copy you've unpacked.

-- Reed Richards