Old 24-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #111
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hmm, what is this horse for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardencz View Post
What do you mean?
You mean, like when in town having map open, to find something or to write down notes, or do you mean the world map, then you can't search for continents itselves instead you just have to find it manually, but when you are viewing certain continent, then you can search for towns, dungs etc., if you know the name ofc. You can't make notes on the world map.

I mean when open the usual map (not Lilac bay map), left to sleep fire down, to write down that this zone is passed already or like. Or to marked the location.
Y'now what deep and difficult caves we entered.
So a little info is very handy for tired hero.
Many times I was so deep, that I was very upset
and only the nice spell Recall back me to the surface.
Yes, I played hardly to increase my level in the beginning.

One more my fail: I think this is specifically for me only..
I do have black Optical mouse. Nice. But suddenly this mouse starts to have tendency to move my hero as drunken Russian Cossack! Believe me..
I have serious conversation with Missis Mouse and after it refuses to obey me, just fired it..
Now seriously: This is no good for mouse control at all, but I found solution. Just start the spell Levitation and all is 6.
(In my BG 6 is highest school score - 2 is bad record.)
Of course yoga has diploma with scores 4 (University).
In the special school my diploma is 5.49 (I am the forth student in rank).
In the primary school my diploma is of course total 6.
You see how in progress yoga understands that is better to catch fish, play football and beat lord Xeen instead of sleep on the dusty books.
I am lazy beggar..
Ha ha
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 24-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #112
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

@ Yoga:

The whole thing about school is the same for me. I used to be a good student, now I'm taking a year off from university.

And yeah I know, I've been a member for a long time cause I've been playing old games for...a good amount of time, but I just didn't find anything to talk about. So not too many posts.

I gotta say though, my character is starting to get really kick butt. My destruction is 100, so I can use fireball like no other, and I can also use the disintegrate spells which I name KILL, they insta kill everything. My big problem now though is the use of distance spells...I find they like to explode in my face instead of going where I want them to.

I'm going to get a spell reflection artifact soon because there are a lot of Vampire Ancients...and they kill me very easily.

Anyways this game is too great! My eyes hurt from playing it too much!!
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 24-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #113
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramazon View Post
My big problem now though is the use of distance spells...I find they like to explode in my face instead of going where I want them to.
You can make two kinds of distance spells - those for a single target and those with radius damage.
The first ones only damage the targeted enemy if he's hit and cost less mana, only 5 with careful designing and still strong enough to insta-kill with high level of the respective magic skill(s). Radius damage spells are pretty pointless in my opinion since enemies are rather rarely close enough to each other to be affected all by them. Spell with disintegrate effect costs more and is therefore also rather pointless with high enough magic skill(s) to kill just with one single-target ranged spell.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 24-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #114
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
You can make two kinds of distance spells - those for a single target and those with radius damage.
The first ones only damage the targeted enemy if he's hit and cost less mana, only 5 with careful designing and still strong enough to insta-kill with high level of the respective magic skill(s). Radius damage spells are pretty pointless in my opinion since enemies are rather rarely close enough to each other to be affected all by them. Spell with disintegrate effect costs more and is therefore also rather pointless with high enough magic skill(s) to kill just with one single-target ranged spell.
It's not just with the area effect spells though...I mean that when I target a guy on the other side of the room...my ranged spells don't go there, sometimes(too often if you ask me) they just explode right in front of me...so I either get hurt or the mana is wasted.

In fact, for just the ranged spells I find they rarely hit the enemy. Even when it goes right into him it rarely seems to work. At least the area effect spells work every time.
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 24-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #115
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Yes that happens quite often, I noticed it too. What I found often helps is to point the spell just below the feet of the enemy, more or less adjustment is needed, and it mostly hits the target instead of the ground. If pointed directly at an enemy the spell very often just flies through him, doing nothing.
I think it has to do with a mediocre made collision detection of Daggerfall. Better forget those area effect ranged spells, they only hit yourself as you noticed. Touch range spells always hit though if close enough.
Old 25-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #116
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

I always hated damage spells, I only used protective/healing spells, instead a good old magical daedric dai-katana was my best friend.

OT: I was attending uni too, sadly only for 1 year, I never was into studying too, highschool was piece of cake, first semester of uni was cake as well since it was a repetition from highschool, but then I said goodbye education and now I'm happily working for almost 3 years, yay. Time goes fast..
Old 25-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #117
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
I always hated damage spells, I only used protective/healing spells, instead a good old magical daedric dai-katana was my best friend.
Same here, only I preferred daedric broadsword (looking better than katana) and a shield to have more defense
Old 25-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #118
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking I used 5-10 spells

[quote=wardencz;417774]I always hated damage spells, I only used protective/healing spells, instead a good old magical daedric dai-katana was my best friend.

Hi, mates,
Yes, I was badly injured from the spell Fireball.
So I recommend you ,Aramazon, to use this spell only when you slightly inclined, had to kill water monster in one of last missions.
-I will tell you my spell experience:
1. Recall - very, very handy spell. You have to have this one at any cost!
2. Heal - No comment
3. Spell reflection - Use it when cross corridors, and bad Lich and Wrath will be killed at once. Ha ha very nice. I recommend you to use this spell always +
4. Invisibility
5. Levitate
6. Open - some doors are open when hit with dagger or sword
7. Cure poison - in the very beginning
and 2-4 more. May be Jumping and Troll blood.

Do not buy too much spells.
I bought too much and then I was confused to scroll all of them to find wanted one..

I am abs. agree with Wardencz with his opinion concerning type of spells used. Note that with increasing of yr level their cost in mana decreased.
Again I am surprised with problem with this Ancient Vampire -
Repeat - I used Spell reflection and 4-8 dagger hits are enough.

Do not rely on the spell to kill opponents. No.
Main factor is yr brain and good old magical dai-katana or dagger.

Dear Aramazon, I am glad you begin to realize how nice is DF. Believe me I started many years ago the first game of the saga but do not finished.. DF is better.
Always save before taking new task and keep this save in a slot 4 for example. In case you meet very strong opps and timeless cave, You may back and ask better and easier task.
And keep every day gaming in for example Flash memory.
Yes, this will prevent you from fatal mistake..
(Ha ha - one day I was so angry that entered a general story and start robbery as real gangster. Immediately 3-4 knights appeared. But I took good position after the rack this way allowing only one knight to attack me and killed them all. Ha ha). Keep in mind you may climb even you have no Levitate still .

Enjoy!!

End -- button +
Old 25-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #119
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Well, I used spell absorbtion and deflection against A. vamps.
I never bought spells, for a couple of reasons:
1.Most likely from the beginning if you have low mana and low casting skills, there will be many spells that you won't be able to cast
2.I always lolled at the spells names, if you have many bought spells then you get pretty confused while trying to find desired spell
-- I've always created custom spells to perfectly suit my needs(manacost, power etc.) and always named them whatever I wished(for instance: "train restoration" and i know it means: restore fatigue 1-2 for 5 MPs, not the kinda name you get by buying spells like: Satans burning flames)
Old 25-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #120
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking WOW

Quote:
Well, I used spell absorbtion and deflection against A. vamps.
I never bought spells, for a couple of reasons:
1.Most likely from the beginning if you have low mana and low casting skills, there will be many spells that you won't be able to cast
2.I always lolled at the spells names, if you have many bought spells then you get pretty confused while trying to find desired spell
-- I've always created custom spells to perfectly suit my needs(manacost, power etc.) and always named them whatever I wished(for instance: "train restoration" and i know it means: restore fatigue 1-2 for 5 MPs, not the kinda name you get by buying spells like: Satans burning flames)
Yes, yes, I feel yr way of creating spells is better.
Correct, in the beginning we have no enough mana to spell.
LOL
Pls explain Aramazon how to create spells.
You are better spell maker than me.