Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or not, but I'm having a very serious problem. *ahem*

This is were I'm stuck. I've read lots of walkthroughs, solutions... and they've all said that I have to stand on the crypt to travel down to a secret tunnel at the bottom of the tomb. My problem is that I can't understand how to stand on the crypt. If I left click on it, Low says that it must have been used for something...something...some...for something! :P But he doesn't go on it. I've tried clicking everywhere, but to no avail. If I right-click, I bring up the inventory, so that's not an option. Where should I click? How can I make him stand on the crypt? The crypt is the one I'm pointing at with the blue mouse cursor, no?

Thanks!
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 20-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Maybe try standing at different points close to it?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Moved to the right section of the board since this have absolutly nothing to do with troubleshooting.
Old 20-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

@Horseman: I've tried standing at different points. Low always walks toward the crypt and then starts describing it. :tai: I've even tried holding the left mouse button (as it is required in some puzzles to do) on the crypt, but the same thing happens.
Meanwhile, I've looked over DLH, Mobygames, Cheatbook and Wikipedia, but didn't find anything related to my problem.
Old 20-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What about that sunken floor panel on bottom left? Tried anything with that?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Crypt:
Quote:
An underground vault or chamber, especially one beneath a church that is used as a burial place. [/b]
That slab of stone is a 'something', but you are IN the crypt. Try standing on the right spot. I think the 5th horseman is onto something.
Old 20-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 20 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]238168[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What about that sunken floor panel on bottom left? Tried anything with that? [/b]
Yup. That has been used already to open the triangle-like opening in the ceiling. It doesn't do anything else now.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 20 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]238180[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Crypt:
Quote:
An underground vault or chamber, especially one beneath a church that is used as a burial place. [/b]
That slab of stone is a 'something', but you are IN the crypt. Try standing on the right spot. I think the 5th horseman is onto something. [/b]
Well, according to the game, that slab of stone is the crypt. If I move the cursor to somewhere else, for example the opening to the right, at the bottom of the screen it doesn't write crypt anymore, but outside. Also, if I move the cursor to the ceiling, no text can be seen at the bottom of the screen, which makes me think that slab of stone is the crypt. :blink:
Old 20-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Can you move around freely in the room? Are there a 'hidden' stairways point in/on the crypt?
Old 20-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
a1s
Hero Gamer

the way I undersatnd it the cript is what's below that slab (seeing how this place was just a dark empty room). I think this is some sort of a bug and you should try reloading from a recent game.
I might be wrong though, I had this very same bug but since there is no way to die in the game I haven't saved since about the time I discovered the underground tunels (yo know where the geologist died...) so I was to lazy to do it all again.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 21-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #10
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 20 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]238188[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Can you move around freely in the room? Are there a 'hidden' stairways point in/on the crypt? [/b]
I can move around freely and there is nothing hidden in that room. I just need to stay on that slab of stone...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a1s @ Jun 20 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]238263[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
the way I undersatnd it the cript is what's
below
that slab (seeing how this place was just a dark empty room). I think this is some sort of a bug and you should try reloading from a recent game.
I might be wrong though, I had this very same bug but since there is no way to die in the game I haven't saved since about the time I discovered the underground tunels (yo know where the geologist died...) so I was to lazy to do it all again. [/b]
And the last time I've saved was in that room, since I had to stop my computer. (and I only use one save slot ) Oh, well... I'm giving up. Why couldn't LucasGames just keep the standard interface from their other adventure games? :angry: Anyway, thanks for trying to help me guys.