Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #661
Snake_Plissken

Although I played a game first time looong ago, in '98, I have an advice for those who always end up with no cash... At the very start of the game attack the cult that worships aliens, no one will hate you cause of that. In the raid, take an item that I can't quite remember of, but I know it's quite expensive on the market and SELL IT. Ain't a cheat, bug neither... excellent, ha? Just don't take it on me that I can't think of the name of that object
Snake_Plissken is offline                         Send a private message to Snake_Plissken
Old 18-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #662
Guest_Jake_*

I'm playing on superhuman and got the dimensional probe, went to the alien world and came back. Now I can't get there with any troops. What activates the bio transport and other ships that can go the alien dimension? Icant seem to get the research to activate.

Old 19-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #663
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Make sure you have researched all the UFO types.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #664
Iczelion

Ok so here is mai delima, well first off i'd like to apologize to anybody if this ? was already answered because i searched thru all 45 pages and well couldn't find the answer i needed. So here i go..... i did what this 1 person suggested about VDMS and the 256 colors things and such and i finally gawt sound but... my color is all screwy and i dunt know how to fix it i run it in the lowest colors i can and still nothing changes i have a fairly new comp with 2gb ram 300gb HD etc.. so iunno if mai comp is way to new to run this game properly anymore. either or i cant get the color to run properly on any mode.. can anybody help me solve this so i can enjoy the game i love in the full experience?

Thx ALOT!!!!,
Iczelion.
Iczelion is offline                         Send a private message to Iczelion
Old 06-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #665
HUNGH0RSE

I have a question for someone

How exactly do you get the game music to run for Apocalypse after you download it off the site?

Thanks

Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #666
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You can't. The music been ripped off from the game to decrease the size of the archive. Most games are ripped in some way of sound, music or videos when they are added to ABW site because otherwise the game size would be way too high and this over time cost a lot of bandwith to the site.

I have the original CD here and let me tell you that the game might actually be more enjoyable without music than with... So you are not missing much anyways. <_<
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #667
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iczelion @ Jan 6 2007, 02:38 AM) [snapback]273519[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ok so here is mai delima, well first off i'd like to apologize to anybody if this ? was already answered because i searched thru all 45 pages and well couldn't find the answer i needed. So here i go..... i did what this 1 person suggested about VDMS and the 256 colors things and such and i finally gawt sound but... my color is all screwy and i dunt know how to fix it i run it in the lowest colors i can and still nothing changes i have a fairly new comp with 2gb ram 300gb HD etc.. so iunno if mai comp is way to new to run this game properly anymore. either or i cant get the color to run properly on any mode.. can anybody help me solve this so i can enjoy the game i love in the full experience?

Thx ALOT!!!!,
Iczelion.[/b]
You might consider using DosBox.
You can download it here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #668
Iczelion

Ok i used dosbox and the color looks good, but now it runs uber slow..... >.> juss seems there is no winning with me trying to enjoy this game is there anyway to speed the game up using dosbox so its not soo slow and jumpy?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #669
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sure.
Dynamic core
Cycles increase
And frameskip

Works wonders, but you want to use v0.65 of Dosbox for this (v0.63 was crashing almost constantly when you tried to run it in Dynamic core mode... ugh).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-01-2007, 05:39 AM   #670
Iczelion

ok thx for everything guys tha game runs awsome now gawt it set to 20000 on dosbox LOL.... runs perfectly, but i was wondering.... since i did love this game with the music cuz it sets the mood... anychance can sumone please copy their music folder in this game and make a link to d/l it... or if anybody knows any links to a working music folder fer this game i would greatly appreciate it so i can d/l it and set this game up with music for the full experience :P

Thx again everybody ur all awsome,
Icz.