Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #21
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mmm, I think I'll try and help you guys out and try to explain what Bobbin might be doing.

I think he's making us each a team, and having each of us on a certain team, then the different teams will battle it out via a map, he'll be leading a team himself, so that he can actually make the game.
I think doing this he can kind of make a score system or something that keeps track of which games are winning.
This could be much more easily done if he uses Warcraft 3, but I'll leave him with his decisions.

A good idea would be to add some spice in here, assign us each a hero for each player, then slap them into battle, I understand the map editor won't let you change the units, but there's enough if you have Through The Black Portal too.
Ex. give someone Deathwing, and then someone else Khadgar.

@Bobbin: If you do this, you MUST give me Deathwing!

Or, he can switch it around for another suggestion.

There's a territory map. Okay? Here's a very sketchy example.

So as you can see, each team now has a territory on this map, (I didn't use all of them) Blue has one, red has one, and white has one.
Now there'll be a slow process, one person and ONLY one person will post his next command (i.e. take over the other territory) after Bobbin plays it out, then the next person can choose what to do.
Battles will be handled like this, unconquered territories (The brown ones) will only have small camps of troops and trolls, making the maps will be easy, as the map editor is fast and perfect.
Once Bobbin plays it out, and your team wins, you get the territory.

So here Bobbin played out the map, and it turns out your team won, so that territory became yours.
You can dispatch certain "squads" example, Bobbin is the leader, and he dispatches squad "Blood-Pigggy" to attack a certain territory, my troops that I have attack that area. Troops could be handled by keeping score, if I have 10 Grunts, Bobbin will put down that I have 10 Grunts, and next game, that'll be my army.
Bobbin records this, and people take turns this way.
When you fight another team, they'll be enforced with whatever they have, this will make it far more balanced, as attack a weak and unready team will lever the advantages over and over.

Of course, this is a suggestion, and Bobbin holds the rights to his games.
:bleh:

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 21-09-2005, 04:20 AM   #22
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Ok, I added everyone that wanted to be in while I was gone. Hope I left no one out.

Pig, I wold use Warcraft III if it ran on my system, but alas it does not. Maybe when I get a new computer I'll playit with that. Yes, I do have Warcraft III. I'm not too keen on that territory idea but the heroes thing's a good idea. I'll check to see how many heroes there are. Yes, there is a scoring system. At the end of each round you get a status thing for each team giving them amount of gold, lumber, oil and such. I'm only going to add the scores up as the teams rank is resetted at the start of every match (except in campaign mode).

Umm... Where do you put the heroes in for map editor?
Old 21-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #23
a1s
Hero Gamer

you know, I was thinking (as we haven't started yet), maybe we could youse starcraft? it has:

1)a lot more varied races (orcs differed from humans mainly in the spells their mages cast), not to mention 3 of them.

2)lots of heros (warcratft had something like 6 or 8, starcraft has them for evey unit)

3)powerfull scripting system (allthough I don't have any concrete Ideas,open source and moding scenes show that there's nothing people won't do if you give them the proper tools.)

4)remember replays? guess which game does have them? (not only will you be able to play without cheating, but allso study each teams actions in detail.)

I'm sure there's more advantages (and a few dissadvantages too).
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 21-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #24
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

I knew I forgot to write something in my previous post. I'd play Starcraft but I've got no idea where my CD is And I don't wanna pirate it.

1) Only one more race than Warcraft.
2) I still can find the heroes thing in Map Editor.
3) I hope if I find it it'll run on this PC.
4) That's good too.

Another good side. If you use a cheat in Starcraft e.g. Build faster. Every player can build faster.

I'll see if I lent it to someone tonight but never gave it back to me. Hope I find it. Does Starcraft use the same map format? *.pud? There's a Diablo mission in Starcraft. If I find it I'll switch it to Starcraft. But for now we can keep signing up for Warcraft. If I find it the team captains can change their race. Same colours in their map editior I believe.
Old 21-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #25
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

SC maps are .scx I think, certainly for the add-on. You can get it cheap on budget with Brood War fairly easily; that's where I got mine the other week.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 21-09-2005, 08:49 AM   #26
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

I see, Beef.

None of my friends have Starcraft so my last hope is that my brother has it. I need to wait til he gets home from work though. It'll be around 9:00pm so 2hrs away.
Old 21-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #27
a1s
Hero Gamer

is Loom island near japan then?
Old 21-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #28
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

^WTF?!^
Old 21-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #29
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Sep 21 2005, 01:16 PM
^WTF?!^
i'll explain.
your location is "LOOM island".
by mentioning your time you're on something like GMT+10, so you're near the Japan timezone.

thus, "is LOOM island near japan?" :P
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 21-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #30
a1s
Hero Gamer

exacly! :w00t: