Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #11
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Played Trumpet for 5 years. Quit due to laziness.

Played Piano for 2, maybe 3 years. Quit due to laziness.

Had one Guitar lesson. Quit due to laziness.

For some reason after I get told I have a lot of potential in something I completely give up. Can anyone find any logic in that because I can't.

Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-02-2005, 05:46 AM   #12
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 7 2005, 12:28 AM
Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax,
Then I'll count b clarinet, Bass clarinet, es clarinet, and a clarinet :whistle:
Although b clarinet and bass are my primary.
The wost thing about the bass is it's difficult to carry it around, I don't have a car :blink:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 07-02-2005, 06:10 AM   #13
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I played with a guy once who had a really cool bass, because it wasn't one solid piece. It disconnected in the center, so the entire bass clarinet fit in a case about the size of an alto sax.

And I'm not saying it's very difficult to switch between saxes, but at first it does kind of mess you up a bit.

Ever played a Contrabass Clarinet Puffin? Those things are fun. I've played both a pinned/clipped one, and a straight one...those things are so freaking tall.

I'm working on getting a Contra Bassoon right now, only problem is I don't really have $50,000 :ranting: I have one on order making for me though, so I'm hoping in seven years when I get it, I'll have the money.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 07-02-2005, 07:22 AM   #14
auhsor
Super Freak

I teach myself guitar. I have been for the last 5 years or so. I'm not too bad at it I guess. I'm working on my singing and songwriting so I ccan eventually record some songs.

I also used to play trombone in the school band. I should pick it up again.
auhsor is offline                         Send a private message to auhsor
Old 07-02-2005, 07:34 AM   #15
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Piano -been playing for about 20 years now (of which 11 with lessons), but still not nearly as good as I would like to be, mostly due to infrequent practicing (which in turn is caused among other things by a somewhat unhealthy obsession for the thing I'm sitting behind right now :whistle: )!

I can also play some simple stuff on congo's and a bit of harmonica (self taught). Learning to play the cello is on my (long) todo-list!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 07-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #16
mouse31e
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin+Feb 7 2005, 06:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Puffin @ Feb 7 2005, 06:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ReamusLQ@Feb 7 2005, 12:28 AM
Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax,
Then I'll count b clarinet, Bass clarinet, es clarinet, and a clarinet :whistle:
Although b clarinet and bass are my primary.
The wost thing about the bass is it's difficult to carry it around, I don't have a car :blink: [/b][/quote]
Flute, piccolo, alto flute, bass flute... :whistle:

Quote:
Ever played a Contrabass Clarinet
A contrabass flute is on my shopping list but I think I'll have to earn some more money first. LOL You have to play them standing up and they're still taller than you. Now that's huge.

You think you have trouble with a bass clarinet? I used to know someone who carried a double bass to school every day! :blink:
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 07-02-2005, 09:14 AM   #17
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 7 2005, 07:10 AM
Ever played a Contrabass Clarinet Puffin? Those things are fun. I've played both a pinned/clipped one, and a straight one...those things are so freaking tall.
Oh, I've never tried one myself, but I used to play in a band with one of those. YEAH they're tall :blink:
I remember the first time I tried Bass Clarinet, I needed to stand on a chair to reach it

I went on a masterclass course few years ago, with John McCaw (MAN he's good!!!). We had a band there, with bunch of clarinet players. I played 3rd clarinet then, but I had been playing for ca 5 years or so back then. Most of the people playing were pros :blink: (Not participating in the course, but watching it.)
It was awesome. It's one of the best band I've ever played with (along with my old symphony orchestra and my marching band when we reached our peak).
In this band at the masterclass, we only had clarinets. It was awesome!!
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 07-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #18
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

I start to play piano when I had 5 and stoped at 12. Why? Because I dont want to take lessons from teachers :not_ok:
Old 07-02-2005, 11:20 AM   #19
FreeFreddy

Same with me, only that I started to play the piano at the age of 4 (I think, it's long ago...). But I stopped not because I didn't want to learn, but because there was family problem, and since I was 11 I didn't play piano anymore.
Right now I began to learn it again anew, with the help of my girlfriend. Yes, she can play piano, and really good, too. :wub:

Old 07-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #20
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like playing flutes. And the tinwhistle

And am self-teaching guitar for 2 weeks. Ooooh I feel I'm seriously reaching a master level :whistle:
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid