Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #11
Seen

Jeeeez, i finally figured out how to play a bit , got my empire on track..and what happens? Not only a civil war, but also a barbarian invasion AND epidemic thanks to my neighbour....Hours of play to ruins...

Old 06-07-2005, 02:21 AM   #12
Cris

Quote:
Originally posted by Borodin@Jan 1 2005, 10:40 PM
I ran it using the Win95 compatilibility checkbox in a shortcut.
I can't find this feature. Could you elaborate?

This will seem to start in a DOS window and then suddenly disappear!

Thanks for any help.

Old 20-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #13

There are two .exe files.. AC_main and ac_start. Which one do I use????? ac_start doesn't do anything though when I use that. ac_main goes to the game, but I can't play it one player. Minnimum human players is 3. How can I change this??????????????

J

Old 28-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #14

Just increase the number of AI players!

You need at least 3 players in total.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:53 PM   #15
Hopkins

Quote:
Originally posted by deepthought@Mar 14 2005, 10:19 AM
Doesn't work on DOSBox - tells me something like "Failed to create a rendering output" What's the matter? :help:

d.
i got the same problem...i uninstalled dosbox and reinstalled but i still get Failed to create a rendering output

Old 26-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #16

I downloaded this a few days ago - I actually had the original CD but for some reason it didn't work on my laptop (older Win 98 system) - it kept crashing when trying to build a city.

The download, however, worked fine. I simply rain the main.exe file and it works perfectly.

Thanks much for providing this - I loved this game years ago and was disappointed that the CD version simply never installed/worked well on the later Windows system, but somehow this download works perfectly. I didn't have to change any settings to get it going.

Old 16-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #17
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

Is it just me, or does it take forever to complete the computer's shipbuilding turns late in the game?
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 04-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #18
Guest_Astral

It's work with DosBox.. I'm pretty sure

but tell me one: how i can build cities, i have 5 or more units in square, and clik finished... then copmuters make moves and then they make new cities but i can't! why? where and when is the option to build cities?!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #19
dodger
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_Astral@Feb 4 2006, 01:29 PM
but tell me one: how i can build cities, i have 5 or more units in square, and clik finished... then copmuters make moves and then they make new cities but i can't! why? where and when is the option to build cities?!
you need 6 units in a square to build a city if the square has a little red square (city site) in it... if not you need 12 units...
dodger is offline                         Send a private message to dodger
Old 01-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #20
Charlie

This game would be great if it weren't for the game breaking disasters. Things like a tax revolt casuing another civ to randomly take over all but 2 of your cities the same turn that an epidemic and a famine combine to destroy all of your units and the two remaing cities. A better name for this game than "Advanced civilization" would be "live or die, random dice roll".
Perhaps this feature could be imported to other games, like Halo for example. There you are, blasting away at the covenant and flood when BAM!! out of nowhere a meteor hits you and you die and have to restart at the beginning of the game. Or Warcarft might make good use of this feature. You could be stomping over everything with horders of orcs when suddenly Urrrk!! all of your orcies suffer simutaneous hearts attacks and die. :bleh: