Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #181
Maz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Pie Jones View Post
A quick question about the new forum layout: does it work any better in IE than it does in Firefox? I do most of my recreational web surfing in Firefox, but this forum is giving me mixed results - things like posts getting cut off halfway through and Google ads appearing on top of (and thereby blocking) links or buttons. Is there any remedy for this? It's not enough to keep me from coming back, especially if the forums will stay active and some of the old crowd will pop in from time to time, but it's annoying.
I'm using firefox as well, and, while I'm not sure what to do about posts getting cut off, you could try using adblocker (http://adblockplus.org/en/) for the google ads, that's what I have and I don't see any ads anywhere.
Maz2 is offline                         Send a private message to Maz2
Old 31-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #182
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Man, so much memories, so much nostalgia...
I remember after months of visiting many abw sites looking for some games and kept being stuck at HOTU hoping that their archive will work I found AB looking for Jagged Alliance. Somehow, sun broke through clouds. Nice review page, easy download and live community.. And i posted very long post in Jagged Alliance games discussion... and that was it. I was trapped.

So nice it was. I always kept some distance from main thing going on. Kept myself somewhat busy with reviews. I never really had any sort of fights with Tom but i joined dissidents forum since every very active memeber was there. AND BOY WE HAD FUN. We were really small group of workocholic. Everything was arranged - what archives do we have, who is doing what review, what about next week and so on? I did my Ocean mega update there, and we did 1000th game mega update on abandonia's birthday. That was great! Romano was in charge for updating, Seb was doing any kind of games, Bruno was doing sport games, and so on... It was really good.

I remember some people i miss now. Wendy, warmpaul... and what was the name of the member who had indiana jones avatar and i was confused that he was Tom Henrik at the first. Tom had that body-building smurf avatar... Void's art, Stroggy's attitude, other memebers you already mentiond. Punchy man, is that you??? Man you grow up and you're still young

That reminded me of this situation, punch reviewed Mastertronic's Barbarian and Seb added Barbarian 2 and shots and used punchy's reiveew!! DAMN!!!! I started to write proper review immediately and Seb changed some parts due to my english. That was team work

I remember some stuff too. Like Sebs greatest PM reply pyramid. I can't remember with whom but thay used lot of Slovenian language. I'm so sorry I never make it to Zagreb...

I remember warmpaul's topic about member of the month idea, it made me laugh. And myself had some revolution topic against admins. That was at the time i was new and didn't really know who the admins were and what are they like. I just liked making some mess. Those are some less known stuff.
I also remember x-com game on forum. And "guess the game name" by giving hints and winner post new hints. Man, that was great

I have to stop now, too much memories. I will write more. Man, i miss old AB....
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 31-12-2008, 02:56 AM   #183
punch999
The true Shadow President

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko_river View Post
Man, so much memories, so much nostalgia...
I remember after months of visiting many abw sites looking for some games and kept being stuck at HOTU hoping that their archive will work I found AB looking for Jagged Alliance. Somehow, sun broke through clouds. Nice review page, easy download and live community.. And i posted very long post in Jagged Alliance games discussion... and that was it. I was trapped.

So nice it was. I always kept some distance from main thing going on. Kept myself somewhat busy with reviews. I never really had any sort of fights with Tom but i joined dissidents forum since every very active memeber was there. AND BOY WE HAD FUN. We were really small group of workocholic. Everything was arranged - what archives do we have, who is doing what review, what about next week and so on? I did my Ocean mega update there, and we did 1000th game mega update on abandonia's birthday. That was great! Romano was in charge for updating, Seb was doing any kind of games, Bruno was doing sport games, and so on... It was really good.

I remember some people i miss now. Wendy, warmpaul... and what was the name of the member who had indiana jones avatar and i was confused that he was Tom Henrik at the first. Tom had that body-building smurf avatar... Void's art, Stroggy's attitude, other memebers you already mentiond. Punchy man, is that you??? Man you grow up and you're still young

That reminded me of this situation, punch reviewed Mastertronic's Barbarian and Seb added Barbarian 2 and shots and used punchy's reiveew!! DAMN!!!! I started to write proper review immediately and Seb changed some parts due to my english. That was team work

I remember some stuff too. Like Sebs greatest PM reply pyramid. I can't remember with whom but thay used lot of Slovenian language. I'm so sorry I never make it to Zagreb...

I remember warmpaul's topic about member of the month idea, it made me laugh. And myself had some revolution topic against admins. That was at the time i was new and didn't really know who the admins were and what are they like. I just liked making some mess. Those are some less known stuff.
I also remember x-com game on forum. And "guess the game name" by giving hints and winner post new hints. Man, that was great

I have to stop now, too much memories. I will write more. Man, i miss old AB....

Yes this is me, Yes I am still the same person. It's great to see you back even if it is for one post Marko. It's great seeing everyone from the old days. I just wish it was still that way.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 31-12-2008, 04:18 AM   #184
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Oh, my old avatar is long since deleted from my computer; it was a self-made one of a necromancer from Warlords 3. Before that I had the shotgun toting terminator image from Fallout.

Holy cow. The only thing that would take the cake more in this thread would be Kosta posting.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 31-12-2008, 06:05 AM   #185
Tulac
Union Leader

We should try to play Warlords 3 over the net once :P
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 31-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #186
punch999
The true Shadow President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobor View Post
Holy cow. The only thing that would take the cake more in this thread would be Kosta posting.
No, a full on well punctuated apology post by Quatroking would take the cake.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 31-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #187
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch999 View Post
No, a full on well punctuated apology post by Quatroking would take the cake.
Oh yes, that one. He was banned back then long time ago, wasn't he?

@Yobor - how about this one?

Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 31-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #188
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

@ Marko_River: Thank you

@ Yobor: Your old Avatar & Signature

http://www.freeebay.net/site/images//yobor%20avatar.jpg
http://www.freeebay.net/site/images/...0signature.jpg

Last edited by Romano; 31-12-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 31-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #189
Dino
Call me Edmund

@Romano: I see your archives are really thorough.

@Marko: Welcome back, neighbour. Nice to see you here again.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 01-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #190
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Hey Marko, it's been a while! How are you?
And yes, FPJ, that's the one I was looking for.
Yobor, I believe yours was a hand drawing of some sort of figure on this piece of leather or something?
Greetings to you too, Romano! How's life treating you?
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder