Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Duthorian

Default [MrFlibble] Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns

-I've played it between 2000-2005 (I suspect the game to be made sometime between 1995 and 2000)
-either pentium I or IV (a weak pentium IV though)
-win 98
-2D with something from 256 colours to above 256
-a RTS side scrooling game where you would have a main ''Hero'' with wich you could hire units/mercenaries; those mercenaries would stick along your hero (for example: the melee units would sit in front of you and 2 balistas at your right\left side); you could not control them individualy, only as a group; there was this Bee Nest that would spawn wandering bees wich you could abuse to level up; if left alone the Bee Nests could reproduce untill eventually the whole map would be full with them; you could change the speed of the game... and that's about what I remember... if you want more details say in the reply and I'll think about them. Thank you.
I think there was also a quest in the campaign where you had to kill a dragon, and if I remember correctly, your hero was female... a hot one too!

Last edited by Duthorian; 01-03-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Duthorian is offline                         Send a private message to Duthorian
Old 02-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Bee nests, female protagonist... isn't it perchance King's Bounty: The Armoured Princess?

(Except it's not an RTS, came out much later than what you have specified and lots of details don't match; but anyway, thought I'd mention it.)

[Edit] A quick search at MobyGames yielded this game:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/tempest__

A side-scrolling RTS, according to the tags and description, lots of female characters.

You can also try finding your game in the female protagonist game group.

Last edited by MrFlibble; 02-03-2014 at 10:13 AM.
MrFlibble is offline                         Send a private message to MrFlibble
Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Duthorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Bee nests, female protagonist... isn't it perchance King's Bounty: The Armoured Princess?

(Except it's not an RTS, came out much later than what you have specified and lots of details don't match; but anyway, thought I'd mention it.)

[Edit] A quick search at MobyGames yielded this game:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/tempest__

A side-scrolling RTS, according to the tags and description, lots of female characters.

You can also try finding your game in the female protagonist game group.
Thanks for the reply but It's not any of those, and I've also looked up that list and couldn't find it... most of the strategy games there are the kind in wich you can controll all your units. The particular thing that made that game stand out for me was the inability to controll your units, they would just autoattack and move (in formation) along with your hero, pretty much like this: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...new-troops.jpg
but instead of 20 units in formation, you would have only your hero in the center and around 6 more units around him.
Duthorian is offline                         Send a private message to Duthorian
Old 03-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

You are slightly losing me with that "side-scrolling". What do you mean? "Bird's eye" view with flat map, like Majesty, third-person, like Sacrifice - or really side-scrolling, in platformer-like fashion, like mentioned Tempest?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
Duthorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
You are slightly losing me with that "side-scrolling". What do you mean? "Bird's eye" view with flat map, like Majesty, third-person, like Sacrifice - or really side-scrolling, in platformer-like fashion, like mentioned Tempest?
I mean the typical RTS game interface... like warcraft 3, starcraft, red alert... but the particularity of that game were the ''partyes'' as mentioned above ^
Old 03-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duthorian View Post
The particular thing that made that game stand out for me was the inability to controll your units, they would just autoattack and move (in formation) along with your hero, pretty much like this: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...new-troops.jpg
but instead of 20 units in formation, you would have only your hero in the center and around 6 more units around him.
Ah-hah, I was somewhat misguided by your "side-scrolling" definition.

There's an RTS that uses combat groups instead of single units, it's Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. Here's a shot of a player's party fighting a dragon:
Old 04-03-2014, 01:48 AM   #7
Duthorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Ah-hah, I was somewhat misguided by your "side-scrolling" definition.

There's an RTS that uses combat groups instead of single units, it's
YES!! That's it Thank you very much. You made the kid inside me very happy :P