Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Heh. Just had a quick bash at it. It's funny how he jumps around like a little idiot.

Anyways, I found that control key will change abilities, arrows to move and space to use ability selected.

Also requires EMS memory under dosbox.
________
Glass pipe pictures

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 10:06 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 16-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
Nature Boy

Wicked, i like the graphics so far, nice and happy and cartoony. Only just started though so ill see how it goes...

Old 16-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
Rugz

Is it dejavu or is this game exactly like fury of furies with the only difference in graphics being pacman your character instead of furries.

I played fury of furries on amiga way back in early 90's and liked the concept and its a shame how its concept and graphics have been copied but under different label.

If you like this game i would suggest you go play fury of furries just to give credit to the people who came up with the idea and all.
Rugz is offline                         Send a private message to Rugz
Old 16-04-2005, 06:53 PM   #5
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Rugz@Apr 16 2005, 02:13 PM
Is it dejavu or is this game exactly like fury of furies with the only difference in graphics being pacman your character instead of furries.

I played fury of furries on amiga way back in early 90's and liked the concept and its a shame how its concept and graphics have been copied but under different label.

If you like this game i would suggest you go play fury of furries just to give credit to the people who came up with the idea and all.
well you could see it as a graphic hack (like in rom hacking) and with a new intro programmed like the facelift hack of breath of fire 2 called Breath of Fire 2 take two http://bof2.blogspot.com/.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 16-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Yes the game is almost completely identical. I haven't played it 'till the end, but what I've seen so far - looks exactly like Fury of the Furries - that's why there's a link to that game at the bottom.
It's like Super Mario Brothers and the Great Giana Sisters (those who remember will know - those who don't remember should look it up)!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #7
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rugz@Apr 16 2005, 02:13 PM

Yeah, read the review I wrote - it's basically the same game (even with the same backdrops with Furries) but with other characters and "story". I personally prefer Fury of the Furries because of the colours making it easier to know what tool you have selected.

Still, it's a great game and unlike other platform games, you don't have to start all over when you die which is partially why it's so much fun - you have the room to retry.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 16-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #8
Spoonman
Flyswatter

I really hate this version, all because of one thing. I just don't get it: why replace those awfully cute, witty and colourful furries with this stupid, banal ever-annoying pacman character? Bah. :not_ok:

Since the gameplay, sounds and level design is exactly the same as Fury of the Furries there's still lots of fun and addictiveness to be experienced. But I would defenitely recommend downloading the original version instead for optimal enjoyment.
Old 16-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #9
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 16 2005, 06:00 PM
Yes the game is almost completely identical. I haven't played it 'till the end, but what I've seen so far - looks exactly like Fury of the Furries - that's why there's a link to that game at the bottom.
It's like Super Mario Brothers and the Great Giana Sisters (those who remember will know - those who don't remember should look it up)!
yeah and Nintendo was the firm who put a stop to the productions of more Giana Sisters disks but at that time the game was allready pirated and bootlegged LOL anyway Super mario brothers vs Giana Sisters (C64 vs NES)hmmmm i would love to see a person make a Giana Sisters on NES with the original levels and music and all that would be cool

and do you remember the mario hack of Giana Sisters on C64 ?

i am becoming so nostalgic :-)
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 16-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I sure do remember it, but I'm afraid this is going . I'd love to chat about those great days - the nostalgia... The time when computer games took almost forever to load (C64). But I only gave those two games as an example.

I did just think of another thing... Pacman looks a lot like a smiley... And smileys did starte getting popular around that time didn't they? So which came first - a pac or a smiley?