Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Taron

Default Cavewars

Hello all! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I am desparately trying to figure out a game I can only remember fragments of from my childhood. It was a turn-based strategy game as I recall. I've been trying to find it by looking up games similar to Civilization. I don't think it was very popular as I haven't been able to find it... anywhere! I stumbled across Hammer of the Gods, which I have never played before and while I don't think that is it, the combat and city capture options look similiar.

I had a demo version of the game. The whole map was kind of dark and rocky, like it was underground. You could only play this civilization of brown vermin (or dog?) looking guys that stood on two feet. Combat was automated (maybe because it was a demo?) and two sides would automatically move toward each other and fight. I remember you could send your troops out naked or research and equip them with armor, melee weapons, and eventually rifles at some point. There was also a cannon.

There were towns and cities that could be captured. Once captured, you were given an option of what you wanted to do with the city. I recall 4 different options, sack, raze, something or another like that? Hence why Hammer of the Gods reminded me of it.

One thing I do remember very clearly is when a city population reached a certain point, an animation would play on the map of the city appearing to compress into the ground, followed by a new, bigger city jumping out of it.

Of what game do I speak? If I saw some screenshots of it I could probably tell you instantly if that's it or not.

Thanks!!
Taron is offline                         Send a private message to Taron
Old 31-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
jordos

Cavewars perhaps?
jordos is offline                         Send a private message to jordos
Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Taron

Yes, that's it! Thank you!!! :thumbs:
Taron is offline                         Send a private message to Taron