Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #181
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
D: But theres little gates.... are you sure?
No, I am not sure But I think that wall, even with the gates, broked teh connection... Let me make a quick search...

"Don’t Forget: A gate can cut off access between your city and provincial towns! I’ve seen this error made in city depository cities." http://www.caesar2.com/province-tips/

"Enemy armies are not very smart about moving around walls and tend to overlook the holes that are necessary to maintain economic connections." That seems to suggest walls cut those connections. http://www.mogelgott.de/database/pc/...lkthrough.html

In fact, on that same link it says this: "Farms, mines, quarries, trading posts, border towns, and ports must be connected by road to the main city in order to work. The connecting road must not have any gates; gates are equivalent to breaks in the road"

So, no walls

I hope it helps you!
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 12-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #182
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Wow this game is SO fucking glitched >< im trying to enjoy it but the fact that even though my things are connected to the city and that tiles overlay eachother for whatever reason screwing things up is driving me INSANE

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 12-03-2010, 01:36 AM   #183
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Wow this game is SO fucking glitched >< im trying to enjoy it but the fact that even though my things are connected to the city and that tiles overlay eachother for whatever reason screwing things up is driving me INSANE
Don't even bother playing Caesar III, then
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #184
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

dang, the series seems like it has such a strong background though if only it wasn't so glitchy! I dind't have these problems until i used provincial walls (this is the 3rd province I've been in, the other 2 i conquered easily without incident, and WITHOUT GLITCH!) and that was REALLY enjoyable, then this one and my stupid provincial walls through everytihng into hell >:[

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 12-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #185
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbull90 View Post
Then is there a patch or upgrade or files I can get for the interactive battle mode?
Ps i am playing version 1.0.
According to one of the previous posters, this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSJ2M5UH unpacked into the game directory should fix the problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #186
Cheeky one

Default bug

I am running into a bug.

During gameplay a fire starts - after my prefects get to the scene and put out the fire I find half my city is gone that wasn't connected to the fire.

Just before typing this a barbarian attacker entered my city. The 'your city is under attack' popup indicator shows - *poof* - an entire chunk of my city and wall is gone and the barbarian proceeds to continue through my (once were) walls.

Any help/explanation here?

Thanks
Cheeky one is offline                         Send a private message to Cheeky one
Old 13-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #187
arkanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky one View Post
I am running into a bug.

During gameplay a fire starts - after my prefects get to the scene and put out the fire I find half my city is gone that wasn't connected to the fire.

Just before typing this a barbarian attacker entered my city. The 'your city is under attack' popup indicator shows - *poof* - an entire chunk of my city and wall is gone and the barbarian proceeds to continue through my (once were) walls.

Any help/explanation here?

Thanks
about the city disappearing - this doesn't just happen during fires, if you play the game a lot you will notice the estate value in some tiles starts to shrink for no apparent reason. Once the tile shrinks to the lowest value, the houses simply disappear, it's a bug i've experienced countless times.

I have no direct solution, perhaps more experienced gamers can provide it, you just have to wait a while and the land value will start to increase again.
arkanis is offline                         Send a private message to arkanis
Old 13-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #188
Pex
Game Wizzard

I decided to give this game a go the other day and it just didn't 'click' for me. I actually remember spending nice time playing it back in 90ies, but perhaps the fact that I've played other similar games since (Pharaoh, Caesar III and even Caesar IV) that were much better imo made me not wanna play this one.

Just a note here that Caesar IV wasn't that great - too much micro management if you ask me.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #189
Oldskoolfool
Default Trouble

Hey, to start im playing from cd. If i dont use dosbox everything works fine other then it being way to fast. Dosbox fixes that but the then all the voices are choppy. Anyone got any ideas?

So i guess my question is anyone know how to make the voice not choppy in C2? and windows xp if that matters.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #190
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Have you tried playing with your settings a bit? Try posting in the Troubleshooting forum for Dosbox help.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete