Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
JJXB
Pi-voh

didn't like them much since they were awkward to play. and the pc port of RE4 is out now (looks worse than ps2 and gc though) and it's basically a bad port
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #12
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Feb 7 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]278405[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
didn't like them much since they were awkward to play.[/b]
:ranting: Why, oh why, oh why!!!?!?!! Why does everybody say this?
Maybe it's so simple that it's awkward again... ?! (assuming you're talking about the controls) :blink:
No personal offense JJXB.
I always found ot so logically and easy!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
JJXB
Pi-voh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Feb 8 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]278466[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Feb 7 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]278405[/snapback]
Quote:
didn't like them much since they were awkward to play.[/b]
:ranting: Why, oh why, oh why!!!?!?!! Why does everybody say this?
Maybe it's so simple that it's awkward again... ?! (assuming you're talking about the controls) :blink:
No personal offense JJXB.
I always found ot so logically and easy!
[/b][/quote]
the characters are clunky to move around, controls are a bit of a pain in the arse at times (on pc, psx and n64) and in general the whole system of movement is flawed. it also annoys me when i go up to a door/stairs and it goes though this whole stupid animation to demonstrate the action. and there's also the inventory system that got me wound up at times. so i have plenty of reasons not to like it.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
Icewolf
Il Lupone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Feb 8 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]278469[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
the characters are clunky to move around, controls are a bit of a pain in the arse at times (on pc, psx and n64) and in general the whole system of movement is flawed.[/b]
I don't understand this. The controls are just like bird's-eye-view all the time. So this is just a logic-thing. Pressing 'up' is walking/running forward all the time. If you run towards a wall and the view changes, you still run towards a wall until you steer left or right. It stays the same. I never got how people could bother.
Quote:
Originally posted by JJXB+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB)</div>
Quote:
it also annoys me when i go up to a door/stairs and it goes though this whole stupid animation to demonstrate the action.[/b]
OK, I see that you can get annoyed by that. Actually it should be thrilling.
<!--QuoteBegin-JJXB

and there's also the inventory system that got me wound up at times. so i have plenty of reasons not to like it.
I see but I like to discuss and still: no offense. It's occasionally you answering directly. Maybe you could explain closer why you don't like it. But maybe you just says "Dunno, I just don't like it!" I'm afraid I have to accept that.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #15
JJXB
Pi-voh

Quote:
Originally posted by Icewolf+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf)</div>
Quote:
I don't understand this. The controls are just like bird's-eye-view all the time. So this is just a logic-thing. Pressing 'up' is walking/running forward all the time. If you run towards a wall and the view changes, you still run towards a wall until you steer left or right. It stays the same. I never got how people could bother. [/b]
always bashing into walls come to mind? when your being chased by zombies the last thing you want to do is bump into a wall.

<!--QuoteBegin-Icewolf

OK, I see that you can get annoyed by that. Actually it should be thrilling.
"should" be thrilling. but it gets repetitive after a while when you just want to get to a location and your running away from zombies or something similar

Quote:
Originally posted by Icewolf
I see but I like to discuss and still: no offense. It's occasionally you answering directly. Maybe you could explain closer why you don't like it. But maybe you just says "Dunno, I just don't like it!" I'm afraid I have to accept that.
it's basically the slot system (yes, realism is one thing but a gun taking 2 slots up? stupidity) meaning you have to keep putting essential items away in the chests when you need the room for something else (like ammo)
Old 08-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #16
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Quote:
Originally posted by JJXB+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB)</div>
Quote:
always bashing into walls come to mind? when your being chased by zombies the last thing you want to do is bump into a wall.[/b]
That's what quickturn or autoaim was made for.
Run away, turn, shoot the critters head off. >
<!--QuoteBegin-JJXB

"should" be thrilling. but it gets repetitive after a while when you just want to get to a location and your running away from zombies or something similar
Agreed. If you just want to search something or get something from a chest it gets annoying.
Quote:
Originally posted by JJXB
it's basically the slot system (yes, realism is one thing but a gun taking 2 slots up? stupidity) meaning you have to keep putting essential items away in the chests when you need the room for something else (like ammo)
Wouldn't you agree that a machine gun takes up more space in a backpack than a Barretta?
Basically I always made up my mind thoroughly when I was at a chest. I always kept my main weapon and the appropriate ammo. Sometimes a secondary weapon with ammo. Secret stuff like keys or coins. Ink ribbon went just back into the chest when I used it. And I always try just to keep one slot with healing stuff. You'll find something on the go.
I'd rather say clever management.
But hey - if it makes you go :vomit: anyways, it doesn't matter.
The Diablo equipment management just came to my mind. That was one clever invention (though it's not originally from Diablo).
Old 09-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #17
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

I love the first person survival horror genre too. I remember RE1 on the playstation. I liked the quiet, unnerving atmosphere punctuated by bursting moments of terror. The rough Japanese translation of dialog was a bit laughable at times.

I watched RE4 on Youtube. The one that shows all the ways the main character dies. It looks good and I might check it out later. That one is more of an action game than survial/horror. To me, a true survival horror isn't loud and flashy, it's quiet. It's not what you see, it's what you don't see that makes you freak out.

I have to give a nod to one of my favorite games of the past that made me jump a time or two. Thief. The classic First person sneaker. That one made my heart race a time or two and the little hairs on my neck stand end-wise. Especially the Hammer Haunts. I loved the surreal cut-scenes on that one too.

CorruptMylar is offline                         Send a private message to CorruptMylar
Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #18
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

RE4 is totally the best because the rest were as boring as rocks unless you were five years old.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
Doddy

The best bit about Resident Evil 4 is there is so many impressive ways to die, like come on....
Doddy is offline                         Send a private message to Doddy
Old 16-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #20
herrloffel

RE2 is the easy one!

Just didnt like the same way to kill the Big Bad Dude Nemesis in the first 3 games in the serie...

didnt play the others...
herrloffel is offline                         Send a private message to herrloffel