Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
zafo999
I get HYPE

Send a message via AIM to zafo999
Default Pirates of the Burning Sea

My studio (that is, the studio I work for) just released our game about a month ago, and in my shame, I feel like I have to ***** it out even just a little bit on the forums. It's an MMORPG about Pirates, wee! Personally, I can't stand MMO's, but I thought maybe one of you guys would be interested.

www.burningsea.com

Check it out if you're bored, and if there are any people on Abandonia who have played it or still play it I'd love to hear from you!

BTW, I only worked on the characters, so don't yell at me if you think the game is terrible... only if you think the character's look terrible!
zafo999 is offline                         Send a private message to zafo999
Old 20-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
jg007
Super Freak

Hey Zaffo,

I have looked at some stuff on this and it doesn't look too bad but as I have spent the last 3 months stuck playing POTC disney's slightly less featured game i'm a bit reluctant to go straight in to another mmo.

I have noticed that it dissapeared off the charts quite quickly so hope it doesn't do go badly for your company

lol and the characters look quite good
jg007 is offline                         Send a private message to jg007
Old 26-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

Tell your buddies at the studio to put a 14-day trial out. I only consider buying mmos if I have been able to try it out first. It has worked with SWG, WoW and City of Villains. Also a very important question, do you require a credit card to activate the first 30 days free with the game, if so I wouldn't even think of buying it. That makes me mad, I've payed for the game let me use my 30 days!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 28-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
zafo999
I get HYPE

Send a message via AIM to zafo999

@jg007
Yeah, I don't think the game will be de-throning WoW any time soon. But generally it's been a successful launch. Everyone's eager to start on a new project and it's looking like we'll be breaking teams up into people working on possible expansions, and other people working on a completely new game. Hopefully it'll be something completely different from PotBS. Oh and thanks for the kind words!

@BM
I totally agree with everything you said. There's way too many MMOs out there and so few are any good. So it is pretty ridiculous to expect people to invest the monthly payments (and divulge credit card info) necessary to really try the game out properly. Unfortunately, that's the case with PotBS. But believe me, I'm not too shy to stand up and yell about all the stuff I don't like about the project. But I'm way too far down the food chain to be able to make any decisions like that!
zafo999 is offline                         Send a private message to zafo999
Old 01-03-2008, 04:09 AM   #5
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

just pass on the idea. Wow didnt have trials when it first came out... neither did SWG or most mmos.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

from what i see on Screenshots the game looks nice. Will have to look the video at home...i will definatelly not buy it or play it, because i don't have the money and time at the moment...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 04-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #7
Infinitenoodles

This looks pretty neat, but I'd definitely need to play a trial before I'd be willing to commit to a new MMO. Plus I'd have to pull myself away from EVE.
Infinitenoodles is offline                         Send a private message to Infinitenoodles