Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #31
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

yes really
Old 25-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #32
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Ok genius. Try to describe in writing the next situation without loosing anything from the impression that the picture gives to me or anyone else. That means when I'm reading your description, I should understand and imagine the picture in its entirety and exactly as it is (including emotions, facial characteristics, landscape, position of the eyes, etc, etc)

Old 25-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i don't know you yet so i can't tell what feelings does it invoke inside you. and what the hell? you don't make any sense. you can't even tell that in real life neither unless you've spent about 50 ages with teh person
Old 25-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #34
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i don't know you yet so i can't tell what feelings does it invoke inside you. and what the hell? you don't make any sense. you can't even tell that in real life neither unless you've spent about 50 ages with teh person
I even asked "oh really?" just to make sure you actually believed what you said. Turns out it's not "yes really"...
Old 25-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #35
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s.
you don't make any sense
how does it change anything, i'm pretty sure about what i said
Old 25-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #36
Tulac
Union Leader

Only 7% of communication is communicated verbally, non verbal communication makes 93% of human interaction.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 25-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #37
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

that belongs to the real life communication, there are different rules in online communication
different rules in the way of "speaking" as well
Old 25-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #38
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

wtf is happening here

To be fair, Oscar Wilde was gay, so.....
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 25-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #39
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
1) Girls your age don't know what they want when it comes around stable and normal love relationship. You should not take it too seriously. If she really don't want you then just look somewhere else. She might change her oppinion of you and change her whole decision on a whim later on (might be years). Women are strange like that. Simply continue to be kind to her, all the time.

When you'll begin to date girls of around 21 years, you'll notice that it's getting easier and easier to get to them because their "biological clock" is working "against" them. Most of the reason behind all this is hormonal.

2) Girls get affected way more than men about long term relations. Friendly or otherwise. Losing a close friend, or even a loved old pet, can turn them into extreme emotional states...

Again, no big deal. If you like the girl then just help her recover, you'll score point with her on several levels. And that's also the right thing to do...
A good reply!

I suppose you're right. However, I have a hard time seeing someone's opinion change over a few MSN conversations. Like I said before, we never meet each other IRL anymore. She goes to a different Gymnasium. Yeah, school was the only way we used to meet each other. And I, like previously mentioned, have ADHD. People find me to be... annoying. I hardly think any girl has gotten a good impression of how I'm actually like as a person.

But anyway, I didn't take it too hard. I actually felt worse when she was trying to be nice about denying me and not giving me an actual answer. I didn't really feel sad after getting the definite denial; It was almost a relief... Of course I was disappointed, but yeah, I didn't take it all that hard.

Thanks for giving be a good reply, and cheering me up, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
Stranger things have happened. And if I ever understand men and their curious lack of emotion, I shall write a book and win a nobel peace prize.
Lack of emotion?! Exactly what men do you meet? :|

I assure you, not even nearly all men are like that. Most probably just wants to hide it. I mean, emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
She's looking for compassion... after seemingly denying you.
Women are fickle creatures. It may be a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Note: To actually understand a human being you need to physically see it. Email/IM --> useless
I suppose so. But the whole thing just seemed so incredibly strange.

Last edited by Simoneer; 25-05-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Simoneer is offline                         Send a private message to Simoneer
Old 25-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #40
red_avatar
Administrator

Well most of it has been said already but:

- girls younger than 18 ... well they're impossible to figure out. Hormones + puberty + the need to have attention + the need to be popular + the need to look perfect + etc. etc. etc. = a creature you'll never ever figure out. Heck, THEY don't understand what they want, so how would you? Don't forget, they're still learning how to deal with their emotions as well.

For example: I've known a girl who was 17 when I was 22. If I talked to another girl, she was jealous. If I didn't pay her enough attention, she was annoyed. If I showed interest in another girl, she was jealous as well. Yet, when I asked her out, she said no. The reason? She wasn't interested in me but saw me as someone who would give her an ego boost. If I gave other girls any attention, she saw it as a threat to the attention I was giving her. So I finally said, okay this isn't working and I wanted to move on. She then claimed I was selfish because I wouldn't even be her friend but to me, friends don't emotionally blackmail the other to get their own ego boost.

The more a girl grows up, the more she'll drop those tricks. The need for attention will decrease and the need for a more serious relationship will increase. You can be lucky and find a serious girl who is only 16-17 but the majority of girls that age are really not worth the trouble if you ask me unless you're just looking for a playful relationship instead of a serious one.

So in short: they're very unpredictable although not that hard to understand if you look back at what they did. In your case, she knew you liked her and when she needed to get something off her chest, she went to the one person she thought would show compassion. Maybe it was also partially out of guilt for turning you down - letting you into a private part of her soul so to speak.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar