Old 03-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #31
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Try going into the setups menu first
Old 10-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #32
Vikingblood80

Cool

:bye: Yeah I played this together with my friends 12 years ago.It was absolute fun...everybody got their competitors..and then challenge.We spent some afternoons after school doing our virtual challenge.

We also spent some time creating funny replays.... :bleh:

Most of the sports you can't handle well only with keyboard.Only with joystick you can win all sports on hightest lvl.

My favourite sports game k:
Vikingblood80 is offline                         Send a private message to Vikingblood80
Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #33
Vikingblood80

Some hints in steering:

Use a joystick.This game was designed using joystick featuring continous fire.It's also better for steering.You have more power steering with joystick and you also will loose less speed (=better results).Sounds funny? Just try...from one day to next I just tried playing game with joystick and I got better times..without any more practise.You also will beat Computer players on "World class" easily.

If you don't have a joystick use your number pad on your keyboard for steering.Press "8" all the time for "speed up".Try to use "7" and "9" for steering left and right.This has an effect that you use Right/Left+Speed up...so you don't steer as hard (and lose speed) as pressing "4" or "6".Use break ("2") only in emergency cases. - the one who brakes loses
Vikingblood80 is offline                         Send a private message to Vikingblood80
Old 10-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #34
Vikingblood80

Hints on disciplines:

Luge :hold "speed up" pressed when "go" this gives you a powerful start,find perfect lane,less snow around your vehicle more better this means drive in outside wall in corners and in the middle on straights,only with joystick you get times below 1:05 to win World class

Downhill:you have to brake sometimes to pass the flags only using keyboard this will be hard even winning Amateur,train to get to know best way,use jostick for steering

Cross Countryower is nothing,rhythm is everything..just hit Return the right way NOT using full power,use more power going hill down,drive shortest lane and you will get times below 3:30 to win World class using keyboard

Bobsleigh:similar to luge but faster,on start use cts fire of joystick to get high speed,jumping in in right moment gives you fast start,without joystick you get times around 1:01,with you can handle 0:55 or better

Speed Skating:nothing much to loose about this,you can't hardly win Amateur using keyboard not having aching hand or broken Return key...cts fire on joystick and you win everything

Giant Slalomass the flags as close as possible,look at your skies not at your body!

Biathlon:again do not use full power, firing is the key,train to get no time penalties (hit all 20 targets) 2nd and 4th shot always will turn towards upper right corner, to hit bulls eye place aimer to lower left corner...just practise, how to move you know from Cross Country, hit all bull eyes and you will get times below 4:20 to win

Ski Jumping:well...the shortest discipline of time of all but also the most tricky one,use a joystick for steering this will provide higher speed (=longer jump) at the end of the table,well you cannot affect the wind on your jump so it is always a random influence on the speed you reach (also means you can do great jumps using keyboard),just before leaving ramp press "down" (or joystick downwards) to force your player "really" to jump off - practise to get the right moment to do so,when in air you can affect the position of your skies -press up or down to keep skies parallel (1991 - parallel style jumpers won LOL ),ok next part and finally last one - the landing ...also very difficult to get the right moment for landing,jumps above 95m are very hard to stand..here you have to press Return BEFORE you recognize the shadow of your player on the ground..otherwise it would be too late and you get 0.00 m for your jump,using these hints jumps above 110m are possible,to win World Class you need about 110m and for tournament you just got ONE SINGLE jump so Ski Jump is a bit too tricky to win it always on "World Class" level

Have fun k:

Old 11-02-2006, 05:53 AM   #35
Soundblaster not working

I cannot get the sound blaster emulation workin within DOS-Box. I remember it working well through real Sound Blaster bak in the real DOS times.

I can use Tandy e.g., but can anyone tell me the settings to use to get SB working?

(I use D-Fend to mount the game).

Old 17-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #36

Hi there.
I got the same "debugger" problem. But I can't find any setup file or folder, etc. The content of the folder is:
default.wgl
music.drv
sample.drv
wgdef.bin
wgl
winter.exe

Please help

Old 18-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #37
SpinalBlood

I have the same problem with the soundblaster, on my old 486 sound blaster set on sound effects worked and these were better that gay adlib sounds (which is ok for the music and which works). Doesn't work in dosbox even if i change dma channel.

Guest, setup is a button inside the game

Old 03-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #38
simon

what is the ticket number i cant get it ?

Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #39
guest from germany

Hello.

I played this game years ago.
Now I downloaded your version, because I gave this game to a friend years ago. I have a problem with dosbox. I am using dosbox 0.63 on debian gnu/linux kernel 2.6.12.x. The game Winter Challenge quits after starting with this error message:
please remove your debugger before running the games: winter challenge.
I am not running a debugger. What went wrong? Could anybody please help me?

Greets,
a guest from Germany.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #40
Jordan
Game freak

I love this game and I was looking around for it for a while. Thanks!
Jordan is offline                         Send a private message to Jordan