Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #1
Guest Man bot

k:

I got a real problem with Flashback on Dos Box 63, what happens is when I play the game full screen the screen is still windowed but goes to the far left of the screen. i can use opengl on the config set up, but is a way to play the game really full screen.

Old 23-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Hm - strange.
It works fine on my pc using DOSBox 0.65. I don't know if the version makes a difference - but just try it and tell me if it won't work correctly. k:
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 23-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

I think it depends on the resolution the game is played in. If the games preset resolution is 320x200 for example and the fullscreen-resolution for DOSBox in the conf-file is set to something else, it might give weird results when resizing.

Try a few different resolution settings in your conf file, or, if possible, change the resolution ingame.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 24-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I ran it in 640x480 in DosBox (at Fullfixed=true) with no problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
guest man bot
Talking

My screen resolution is 1024 x 768 60 ghz on lcd monitor. I could get dos box to play in 640 but then the graphics are blocky. Will try dos box 65 then see if my intel intergrated graphics are any use? :angel:

Old 24-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #6
Guest Man bot
Angry

I tried the 640 reso in dos box 63 and i tried it in dos box 65 but the graphics were blocky until in dos box 63 i used dirct draw or ddraw thats what my intel graphics can do, i thought that in the newest version of dos box i could put the direct x thing to play. when it was full screen it went slowww and the borders were left and rigt on screen is that okay? cool must use some more variations on the config file then thank you a million for all your help. :help: :help: :help: :help:

[color=blue]

Old 25-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Well, the blocky graphics are part of the old games' charm, really. That's how things used to be back in the days in 1992.

DDRAW output mode smooths the graphics, indeed, but you might also want to try experimenting with the scaler settings (they can take it even further).

Slow? Try decreasing the number of cycles and make sure you are running DosBox in fullscreen rather then full-size window.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman