Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
brain_fart

why hello... after having a blast from the past experience the other day i thought of this great game, warhammer: shadow of the horned rat... i remember playing it on my windows98 computer way back... the problem is... after finding it on the underdogs i cant run it on xp... it says that the setup is in need of windows 95... i tried the dosbox, it says that its the windows program and it wont run... i even tried the (in)famous compatibility options (tried every one) and it still wont budge... any help would be enormously appriciated.... cheerio! :help:
brain_fart is offline                         Send a private message to brain_fart
Old 20-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

virtual machine, or new disk fat32 partition with win98
Old 20-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
brain_fart

thanks _r.u.s.s.
can anybody recommend me some good program with which i could create a virtual machine? :whistle:
brain_fart is offline                         Send a private message to brain_fart
Old 20-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

I have played it not to long ago on my XP-system as well... the only thing I needed to do was to change the colour-depth to 8 Bit (256 colours) before running the game.

"Dark Omen" is the better game in EVERY regard, anyway k:
But getting THAT to run on a XP-machine is a completely different story... Never've been able to do that myself...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 20-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
brain_fart

well chuck then you are in luck... here is the guide on how to run dark omen under xp... enjoy... k:
http://hjem.get2net.dk/gamewizard/pages/games.html
yeah i know but i got tired of dark omen by playing it so many times that i wanted to set my eyes upon the first game in the series... the trouble is... i have the "setup " of the game.. that means i have to install it first... and as i said previously that i cannot do... i got it from underdogs... from where did you get your version?
Old 20-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well microsoft has 45 day trial version but i think i had freeware one, i ll ask friends and post later
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx
by the way.. it needs lots of CPU
Old 20-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by brain_fart@Mar 20 2006, 07:49 PM
well chuck then you are in luck... here is the guide on how to run dark omen under xp... enjoy... k:
http://hjem.get2net.dk/gamewizard/pages/games.html
Yeah, I know this site, but none of that stuff really helped, my PC still crashes as first as the first "load"-screen is done...

Thanks anyway.

BTW, does it work for you?
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 21-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
brain_fart

well it worked fine for me... i just followed the instructions to the letter... my friend did the same... gotta tweak the game a little.. but i dont know about your system... hmm... you got any suggestions to the solution of my problem? or a link to an alternate copy of the warhammer: shadow of the horned rat? smurfs would be grateful and shower you in great riches... :Tom: :Tom: :Tom:
Old 29-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #9

i need help too, i bought that game for my playstation a long time ago .. now the cd is scratched and i cant play it no more, well now ive got the game on my computer and i cant even install it, sum file in the windows/temp folder (made by warhammer i guess) causes a general protection fault can you guys help me somehow ??

i hope its sumthing with my computer than with the program, i cant imagine that the program was programmed that bad to cause any memory problems ... well i hope you can help me thx

Old 29-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #10
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Read this thread then? :blink: