Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-09-2006, 05:28 AM   #11
Maktaka

Send a message via ICQ to Maktaka Send a message via AIM to Maktaka Send a message via MSN to Maktaka Send a message via Yahoo to Maktaka

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyGamer @ Sep 25 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]257236[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
BTW, speaking of Lucas Arts are they ever going to pick back up the projects to make sequals to Full Throttle and Sam and Max?
[/b]
Full Throtle, no. Sam and Max has been picked up by Telltale games. The plot is totally new, the distribution model is new, and the game design is new. The game will be episodic (pricing unknown) to be made available on Gametap on Oct 17 and downloadable on Telltale's website on Nov 1. Even better, Steve Purcell is taking a DIRECT hand in the development of this game unlike the Lucasarts game.
Maktaka is offline                         Send a private message to Maktaka
Old 27-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

There was a talk about a new Full Trotthle some years ago, however....

1. It was meant to be a Beat-em up action game, not an adventure
2. The project was (thank god) scrapped.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 02-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
XPD

I hope EBGames NZ bring these classics in stock..... but knowing the mentality of most gaming stores over here they wont

Someone (up there ^^) mentioned wanting a Monkey Island pack........there was one released that I purchased a few years ago, contains all the Monkey Island games in a nice big box

Very cool and bought back soem memories of playing MI1 on my AMiga
XPD is offline                         Send a private message to XPD
Old 02-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #14
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

I just watch the trailler for the new Sam and max. I am sorry that game looks like it will only be a shell of what the oringal was. Felt more like a fan game then a comerical release of the game. I hope they are able to real capture the soul of the oringal before it becomes avilible for relase.

BTW, when this game comes out will it be realsed as a free download or do you have a gametap account to play it.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 03-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #15
Maktaka

Send a message via ICQ to Maktaka Send a message via AIM to Maktaka Send a message via MSN to Maktaka Send a message via Yahoo to Maktaka

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyGamer @ Oct 2 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]258976[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just watch the trailler for the new Sam and max. I am sorry that game looks like it will only be a shell of what the oringal was. Felt more like a fan game then a comerical release of the game. I hope they are able to real capture the soul of the oringal before it becomes avilible for relase.

BTW, when this game comes out will it be realsed as a free download or do you have a gametap account to play it.
[/b]
I don't know how you can say the game looks like a shell of the old game. Steve Purcell, the creator of the entire Sam and Max universe, is working on this game (just like he did for the last one). I don't see how you could do any better.

The game will be released Oct 17 on Gametap (which will require a continuing subscription to access the game) or downloaded directly from TellTale Games' website on Nov 1. Me, I'm waiting until Nov 1.
Maktaka is offline                         Send a private message to Maktaka
Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Maktaka @ Oct 3 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]259087[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyGamer @ Oct 2 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]258976[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
I don't know how you can say the game looks like a shell of the old game. Steve Purcell, the creator of the entire Sam and Max universe, is working on this game (just like he did for the last one). I don't see how you could do any better.

The game will be released Oct 17 on Gametap (which will require a continuing subscription to access the game) or downloaded directly from TellTale Games' website on Nov 1. Me, I'm waiting until Nov 1.
[/b][/quote]

I don't know if just because the guy who created series makes this a worthy title or not. It certainly gives it a better shot because it is more likely and definently worth a look. I think also for me it was the voices where different from the orignal that also kind of threw me. I just recently finished the oringal about month ago and the voices on this just seemed to be different and the jokes in the trailer also did not seem to work as well as the oringal but, then again this is only like a two minute trailer. I hoping that the game does turn out to be as good as the Oringal because I love Sam and Max. You still did not say weather or not it was going to be a free download from the webpage?
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer