Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #61
My-Q

Actually, they DON'T speak LOL
It's just advanced graphical achievement (in the 90s)
Anyway, the sounds for Dune is not that great to listen to.. the music though, is different.. i love dune's music (dune 2 counts too )
My-Q is offline                         Send a private message to My-Q
Old 18-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #62
s0n1cm4yh3m

oh yes they DO speak!
maybe not in this version, but I´m 100% sure that the caracters had voices when I played it 10 years ago! (i could prove that... but i lost my CD , otherwise i wouldnt even be here :blink: )

well... who converted the files and have the original CD?

Old 18-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #63
TaloN
Hero Gamer

the characters do speech :S
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 18-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #64
s0n1cm4yh3m

they what?

Old 27-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #65
Jochem

I had the original game about 8 years ago, I remember it was the first full game i owned. But I lost the cd, now i downloaded the thingie from this site but i can't seem to play it. Everyone sais I should use Dosbox but i don't understand how it works, if anyone could explain it to me that would be greatly appreciated. I have version 0.63.

Old 27-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #66
Jochem

If anyone could give me a windows patch it would be even better.

About Dosbox, I know how it works btwbut it only doesn't work well. First i mount drive c to c:\.
Then I enter: cd jochem
text C:\JOCHEM>
Then I enter: cd dune
text C:\JOCHEM\DUNE>

But then when I enter duneprg.exe, the game flickers and then it sais: dunechar.hsq and it goes back to C:\JOCHEM\DUNE>

Des anyone know how to fix it. That would be great.

Old 27-03-2005, 08:54 PM   #67
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Jochem:

I don't know where I got my version of Dune from, but it includes a .bat file containing the following:

@echo off
logo
duneprg ENG VGA SDB2222 HIM 386

To create a setup in Dosbox, I use D-Fend:
http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm
No need to type any commands, just click and pick your choice.
So I run D-Fend as a front end to Dosbox, and I run the dune.bat file I mentioned above.
Hope this works for you.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:48 AM   #68
RedDragon

Got a question for the experienced players here. I've gotten my spice production up and running, delivered my first shipment to the emperor, had my first vision, all that good stuff. However, after finding Gurney in the room with the trapped door, I cannot seem to get Thufir to examine the trapped door. Jessica keeps stopping me ('Don't go through that door') and even after Gurney has left the room she insists on staying with him. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it just a glitch in the game? (running Windows xp pro w/ VDMS) Thanks much for the help.

Oh, and any hints on why the screen will suddenly zoom in on faces (Jessica, Gurney) sometimes while characters are talking? I'm thinking it is supposed to be some form of warning? Creeping me out.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #69
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Have you tried talking to everyone, including Leto?
And have you checked any messages in the communication room? In case there was a request for another spice shipment, process that first until you get the emperor's reply that he received it.

The zooming in on faces has no meaning, it only happens when you're talking to a person for a while. Nothing special.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #70
Mind Bullets

Awesome game! A great mix of adventure and strategy. I must have played this one through at least six or seven times over the years. I can't say I've played another game quite like it.