Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #141
My-Q

I agree with PrejudiceSucks.. the ufo:enemy iunknown game has better graphics and overall play is better. Well, the research tree is more challenging in TFTD, so i prefer TFTD for veteran ufo players, rather than playing ufo again and setting the difficulty higher.
My-Q is offline                         Send a private message to My-Q
Old 26-03-2005, 06:49 PM   #142
Felton

Hey guys. This game is a classic, and I still love it. I can get the game to work, but when I do a mission, I scoll off the map. I know there was talk about earleir in the thread. Use DOSbox. So I went and got DOSbox, installed it and all, and I can't figure out to get the game to work in it. Could someone help me with this please?

Thanks.
Felton is offline                         Send a private message to Felton
Old 26-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #143
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Felton@Mar 26 2005, 07:49 PM
I went and got DOSbox, installed it and all, and I can't figure out to get the game to work in it. Could someone help me with this please?
Use D-Fend as a front end to Dosbox: this way you can get a game running through Dosbox in no time, without having to type a single command.
http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm
Old 26-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #144
Felton

Yeah, stupid me, I didn't think of looking in trouble shooting. Found out how to use it though.
Felton is offline                         Send a private message to Felton
Old 30-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #145
Newcomer

Hi guys! I am having a couple of problems with the game again:
the first one: i made some encounters with an alien "Flying dish" during some shipping routes attack..No amunition i tried so far seems to be able to detroy that thing..How to destroy it?
The second one: i have some trouble with the Triton's door, sometimes it remains opened after an aquanaut exits, sometimes it doesn't..Remaining opened is sometimes very penalizing..So what is wrong with that door?
Thanks for anyone interested in answering this problem.

Old 30-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #146
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yep, don't fire at shipping routes, you are supposed to land soldiers there.

As for the Triton thing, 1 turn after you pass through the door (maybe 2) it will close the door.

Hope that answers your questions.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 31-03-2005, 05:17 AM   #147
Jman4117
Game freak

Land at the shipping routes, it's the equivalent of a terror site. You have to clear out two sections of ship (plan on about 2 hours).

As for the Triton's door. You can right click to open and close it so long as a trooper is facing it. It takes no TUs and works on any door. VERY useful when an alien is lying in wait for you.
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 31-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #148
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Because the door starts closed, what I recommend is to get everyone to prime their grenades (all of them) and stick them back in their pockets!

The aliens don't, as a rule, go into your transports on purpose, so you could easily prime 3/4 grenades with everyone, and in TfTD grenades don't blow other grenades up, so you could explode with a few magna packs if you get eaten by an alien.

Works like a charm!

Oh and Shipping Route missions are just about the most tedious things ever.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 03-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #149
Newcomer

Guys, u solved the second problem for me..Thanks a lot..As for the first one, i am afraid that i didn't explain well: of course i landed my soldiers in the ship to clear it.. The problem is: there is an enemy "alien" that i am not managing to destroy and it looks like a "small flying dish" floating around.. Usually, this "thing" appears with "tasoth soldiers" and does not appear when i land my soldiers in terror sites or to clear a ship and find the "Gill men and Deep ones"..Hope i clarified the problem this time..Thanks again for the answers..

Old 03-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #150
Jman4117
Game freak

Can't find it? They stop moving after about 10 turns. Looks like a room by room search is in order.

Or can't destroy it?....hrm....what do you mean by "small"? Only thing I can think of that might be fish are the 4x4 nautilus and jellyfish and those have massive armour...
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117