Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-08-2004, 07:00 AM   #111
FreeFreddy

Quote:
For example i had my best time with an Audi Quattro (550 BHP) on a certain special stage and i was really flying......i post my time on the web just to find out that there is a Saxo (1.6L FWD) one minute faster than me.....that's just impossible :P
Well, sometimes it's still possible, with hard try and, perhaps, some tricks (abbreviation or like, I don't know the game, but I think of similar other games I played). And 1 minute is not that much more to be cheated, I guess...

Old 20-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #112
rallier
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Quote:
For example i had my best time with an Audi Quattro (550 BHP) on a certain special stage and i was really flying......i post my time on the web just to find out that there is a Saxo (1.6L FWD) one minute faster than me.....that's just impossible :P
Well, sometimes it's still possible, with hard try and, perhaps, some tricks (abbreviation or like, I don't know the game, but I think of similar other games I played). And 1 minute is not that much more to be cheated, I guess...
Really if you play the game u will understand in a Special stage of around 2 min. and 23 seconds with the fastest car (for that stage at least) versus a seriously weaker car, while flying over the stage, getting beaten or even beat it with a small difference is to be considered as cheating.....not loosing by one minute...... it means that when he finished the stage i was still halfway in...... just to test my curiocity i drove the same car the cheater used......well i was around 30 seconds slower than my best time hehehe so i went to the next step.... i calculated his average speed and it was around 180km/h and remember over a twisty, narrow gravel stage, while the car's top speed even with the long gear ratio gearbox (which is not the best suited) is around 180 km/h.......it's impossible to just drive flat out on 6th gear alone, let alone that there a lot of 180 degrees turns taken with 2nd gear and around 50km/h if u r good with a good car....
i am not saying nobody can best my time.......surely that can happen but i guess it would be no more than one or two seconds....
running one special stage all the time until u get it perfectly is like Formula 1 qualifyings, just tenths of a second seperate the first few cars, and only a couple up to 4 seconds the first from the last car....u will never see double times....
to put it in other words
imagine u have a Ferrari and an other guy has standard 1.3L saloon car
and u decide to drag race him and you do perfect shifts everything perfect and still beats you by far....... is it possible??? (no unless u had no wheels) that's the difference between the cars we had hehe.....
rallier is offline                         Send a private message to rallier
Old 20-08-2004, 05:54 PM   #113
FreeFreddy

Well, cheaters seem to appear in all games today - Diablo II, Warcraft III, Neverwinter Nights and so on. Seems like the people get globally too lazy to play it the fun way...
Btw., do you or anyone else know Re-Volt? It's a racing game from 1999-2000, but from a perspective of a toy-car. The levels in the game are because of that really interesting looking and very fun making and the graphics in the game are very modern and good (with 800x600 or higher) and steering the cars is also not a big deal. Because of that this is one of my more favourite games, although I don't like any other racing games that much.

Old 21-08-2004, 06:12 AM   #114
Woodlander

Yeah, Cheaters and 13373rs. I dunno which is worse.

But back on topic for me. Who here remembers one of the best RPG's ever? Excelsior Phase One: Lysandia.
Loved that game, still do. It should be Abandonware by now too shouldn't it? :wink:

Also it had a sequel which seemed less likeable, but anyways, thats me
Woodlander is offline                         Send a private message to Woodlander
Old 21-08-2004, 06:25 AM   #115
FreeFreddy

Yes, it's abandoned now. The second part of it, the sequel, isn't looking that good at all, so I didn't keep it (downloaded both from somewhere once...), but the first part I still have on my HD. :wink:
And yes, this is a nice game... Only I could never finish at the end that last tower in the game, didn't know what to begin with the clock... :?

Old 21-08-2004, 06:29 AM   #116
FreeFreddy

Do you remember Jetpack? Not the one classical from Atari and the like, but the one from Impulse, released somewhere in 1993. It's abandoned full version now and it runs well under DosBox.
I could upload it too, it's only 640 KB small. Interested?

Old 03-09-2004, 04:51 PM   #117
gitaarman

best games ever? let me think

monkey island 1------> legendary humour!and good story
king quest 5-----> very nice graphics and nice characters
alone in the dark----> the first survival horror game i played
beneath a steel sky----> nice graphics and a great story
k:
gitaarman is offline                         Send a private message to gitaarman
Old 03-09-2004, 06:09 PM   #118
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

My top five:

1. Das Schwarze Auge/Realms of Arkania II - Star Trail
2. Fallout 2
3. The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall
4. Stonekeep
5. Age of Wonders

Honorable mention goes to Soldat =P
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee
Old 03-09-2004, 07:15 PM   #119
FreeFreddy

Well, my are:
Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate
Legend of Kyrandia
Dungeon Keeper 1 + Deeper Dungeons-addon
Realms of Arkannia 2 and 3
Blood & Magic
B)

Old 04-09-2004, 02:01 AM   #120
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Sep 3 2004, 07:15 PM
Realms of Arkannia 2 and 3
I love you <3
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee