Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 05-10-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
Drake3

It seems like a cool little game.

I have an issue with being unable to ready the text that has gone by, is there a command to scroll up in the command box? (Or at least to display information in small pieces, like /p for dos?) I searched around in the manual a little and was unable to find any mention of this, but I only searched a little. It is kinda silly to type "help" and need help reading the help since it is too long so it all scrolls off except a small bit. LOL

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
Runescope
I used to play this game all the time. I got so good that I could send one StarFleet Dreadnaught up against 8 Klingon Dreadnaughts ans survive with little or even somtimes (very rarely) no damage. k:

Oh, and to se the rest of the text on the screen, type in "text", and for most of the commands you don't ahve to type in the full command, just using the first three letters is usually enough. like when you're targeting a particular ship.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
einherjar

As far as I can tell it's not possible to slow down the passage of text when you enter a help command. The guide is pretty much the only set of instructions available, as I couldn't find the full manual anywhere on the internet.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
Runescope

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(einherjar @ Oct 6 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]259804[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As far as I can tell it's not possible to slow down the passage of text when you enter a help command. The guide is pretty much the only set of instructions available, as I couldn't find the full manual anywhere on the internet.
[/b]

No, you can't slow down the passage of text when you enter the "help" command. What you need to do is type in "text" and that will hide the graphical display and show all text.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
Runescope

If someone needs help with this, I'll do what I can, it's been a while since I played but I can remember most of the commands and what they do.

email is ********@****.**

Old 06-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #7
Drake3

No, I think I have it understand it now.

Thanks for your help runescope. The text command is exactly what I needed.

Hehe, 1 dreadnought vs. 8 eh? I will have to try that just to see how much I get stomped. Definately doesn't sound like a good tutorial battle. :blink:

Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 AM   #8
Runescope

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drake3 @ Oct 6 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]259864[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
No, I think I have it understand it now.

Thanks for your help runescope. The text command is exactly what I needed.

Hehe, 1 dreadnought vs. 8 eh? I will have to try that just to see how much I get stomped. Definately doesn't sound like a good tutorial battle. :blink:
[/b]
Well, I must admit, I WAS exploiting a small glitch in the game to do it.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
Runescope
Thumbs down

BTW, I have the advanced tactical manual for anyone that wants it. k:

Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
Drake3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Runescope @ Oct 7 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]259948[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
BTW, I have the advanced tactical manual for anyone that wants it. k:
[/b]
Do you have it in electronic format? If so, how large is it? If not, don't worry about getting it onto the computer just for me, I am fine without it.