Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #41
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Your pet needs to be on the square next to you when you travel in order to follow you.
You can ride your pony using the #ride command.

Hope that helps
You really should get the quick referance posted in this thread.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:37 PM   #42
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Well, that was fun. Never put on unidentified rings that you find in chests filled with gems. Ended up being a cursed ring of random polymorphing and I poofed into something that couldn't survive hehe

Edot: Also, what the heck are the statues for? I remember reading somewhere that you can kick em and they might contain stuff, but it could have been a diffrent roguelike...
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 12-12-2005, 02:42 AM   #43

They'll sometimes spring to life as you pass by, I know that much... you can cast Stone to Flesh on them, too, but they usually aren't very thankful. A far better use for that spell is boulders; turns an annoying obstacle into something more filling than a food ration.

Don't even try to ride your pony as soon you get into the dungeon. At first level you're just going to kill yourself trying. Knights might get more skilled at getting onto their mount after a few levels, but I never tried it. The stupid horse always died or starved after exhausting my apples and carrots.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:44 AM   #44
Poldi42

statues:
from a certain level onward (lvl7) destroyes statues have a chance to contain a free spellbook. so keep on smashing the arts.

if you find no spellbook the statue is still more usefull broken that unbroken - try casting 'stone to flesh' on the broken pieces. this is the reason why a healer with a pickaxe never dies of starvation...

Old 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #45
omg
Games Master

net hack rules. i was in the mood for a new rpg, nic 1 guys for introducing me to it. if you want it to look a lot nicer and have an easy to use clicky interface (no typing needed) then go to this place falcons eye i found the game a lot easier after using this version. i guess its way to new to be hosted here though..
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 12-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #46
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Technically, Falcon's Eye is no longer supported. It's now supported by someone else, and is called Vulture's Eye
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 12-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #47
omg
Games Master

cant find a download link for it on that site. it seems that version is maybe linux only.. if there is one could u link directly to it please?

reosen i ask is that i already spent a while on that site trying to find a downloadable version for windows and failed, and have downloaded versions of vultures eye from other sites with no luck, all of them have been for a platform that is not windows, and a few times falcons eye has generated levels with no way out, once i started in a room with no doors, got pretty board of kicking the walls.. is this a nethack problem or a falcons eye problem?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #48
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I got the win32 version from the main site - here's a link:

http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/vulture...eye_win32-1.exe

It's about 13th on the Downloads list. The top 4 are Linux versions of Vulture's Claw with two different compression methods, then Windows Claw, Linux versions of the Eye and then Windows Eye, plus the MD5 sums for checking for errors.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #49
omg
Games Master

sweet! nice 1 beef k:

edit: yeah baby it works like a charm, so far no unescapeableness has been generated and the dog has the heart back on his head... runs slower than falcons but falcons moved a bit to quickly so hey, and no problems in running in windows mode either, and the dog barks! arnt we lucky that people like to spend there free time doing stuff like this for no pay.

still cant get very deep without dieing though..
Old 13-12-2005, 03:40 AM   #50
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Vulture's Claw is fairly nice and all, but I dunno why. I can't stand it. When I press up, heh, I wanna go up, and I wanna see @'s and $'s